Like Tree0Likes

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Old 09-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Registered

My Boats: 28 Scarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS View Post
If it is going up for auction then it is possible there will be other bidders or interests there as well. However If it DOES go up for auction I would much rather see another boting company get it that wants to continue the lines.. Jamie / Lakeside
Strictly from a buisiness standpoint...and I mean only buisiness. What Hustler may be looking at is phasing out the other two marks over a few short years, (if they can handle the financial load), and filling the market in with their own. It's always easier to ask for forgiveness after not being able to work all three lines at the same time...than just saying it up front to the loyal fans. Especially if they are making a very nice product. I hope it all fairs well for everybody involved.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab Billy View Post
Strictly from a buisiness standpoint...and I mean only buisiness. What Hustler may be looking at is phasing out the other two marks over a few short years, (if they can handle the financial load), and filling the market in with their own. It's always easier to ask for forgiveness after not being able to work all three lines at the same time...than just saying it up front to the loyal fans. Especially if they are making a very nice product. I hope it all fairs well for everybody involved.
Very true, & this could be the case. I thought it may have been the case with Baja when Reg bought them last year. This could be the case here. However only time will tell. Jamie
Old 09-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Registered

My Boats: 39 Lip-Ship Cigarette 700 Zuls

Good Luck with the venture if it all works out.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1997 Fountain 24 CS, 2002 31 Fiesta Vee, 2005 Xtreme Cooler ATC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
Brunswick has no involvement in the ownership of Hustler.
But they do with Fountain and Baja. I heard when the Fountian/Baja deal went down it didn't cost a dime for Fountain. Brunswick handed Baja over...probably just like they will hand Fountain over to Hustler. Just think how much business they would lose if Fountain & Baja closed the doors. Last I new, before the economic collapse Fountain was selling almost 500 units a year and Baja had to be even more. Thats a lot of Engines/outdrives.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Registered

My Boats: 28 Scarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed View Post
But they do with Fountain and Baja. I heard when the Fountian/Baja deal went down it didn't cost a dime for Fountain. Brunswick handed Baja over...probably just like they will hand Fountain over to Hustler. Just think how much business they would lose if Fountain & Baja closed the doors. Last I new, before the economic collapse Fountain was selling almost 500 units a year and Baja had to be even more. Thats a lot of Engines/outdrives.
No doubt...I'm sure there is ALOT of phone calls being made right now to make sure all the purchasing depts. stay somewhat busy. There would defintley be a huge hole if Fountain and Baja went "away". But if it were me... I would bleed off the competing lines. The same as GM is having to do right now...to many marks out there right now. This over time will probably make the rest of the companies a little stronger as well. Alot of people with money that are looking for a new boat will probably shy away from a company that looks a little weak right now. But finance guys are the smart ones..right? By the way..Need-for-speed, I love your avatar. makes me smile every time
Old 09-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Registered

My Boats: My boat is Smaller and slower than yours

Regaurdless of who buys or owns Fountain the boat business still sucks now. The economy is still going down hill I can not see Hustler turning that around. I hope they have deep pockets to hold out untill the economy pics back up. If this can be done good luck to them. I feel it will take at least 2 years if the economy levels off this year to start seeing more boat sales.

I wonder if Reggie will keep Cat killer
Old 09-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered

My Boats: Sold the Cig

so what si just the property and buildings worth ??
Old 09-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Outerlimits Sl44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET View Post
Regaurdless of who buys or owns Fountain the boat business still sucks now. The economy is still going down hill I can not see Hustler turning that around. I hope they have deep pockets to hold out untill the economy pics back up. If this can be done good luck to them. I feel it will take at least 2 years if the economy levels off this year to start seeing more boat sales.

I wonder if Reggie will keep Cat killer
Reggie has not owned the Cat Killer for well over a year....Joe Lamberti out of New York owns it
Old 09-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Cigarette Top Gun w/ V6's and Maxum 3000 SCR

I'm really amazed that Hustler is that solvent. Good for them, and good for us, if this comes to fruition.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 Fountain 32 Sportfish Cruiser

Its a very strange offering in bankruptcy, very weird restrictions.

I would not at all be surprised to see Fountain purchased by Wyatt or Reggie.