Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Purchasing Fountain Powerboats >

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Old 10-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree lots of grumpmeisters on here lately. It's obvious to me that so many care about this company.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:27 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Their are few if any members on this forum that can or will answer about what will happen at Fountain. Just wait and see like the rest of us. And wish them luck
Old 10-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Registered

It's allways like this on the off season, just a little early this year. I am just happy I still have a job and can plan on and look at boats to buy.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered

boy, fountainracing sure has a attitude these days. there is no need to get so fired up over something we have no control over. i for one would like to get called back to work. it has been a long 3 months.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by davemyjr1
SInce you are so sure everyone else is wrong,and assuming you are not Reggie Fountain, what is your connection other than being a blowhard?
Now that you mention it, I now believe "fountainracing65" is Reggie Fountain. Reggie is around 69 yrs old right? "fountainracing65" signed up on OSO in 2005, he would have been 65.

Welcome to the board Reggie!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Registered

Nah it can't be Reggie. It's hard to kiss your OWN ass that much.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainemp
... there is no need to get so fired up over something we have no control over. i for one would like to get called back to work. it has been a long 3 months.

This people is what it is really all about, read it until it sinks in!

Fountain Powerboats, like many business these days, has been put in a position where there was no other choice but to lay people off. These people are no different than any of the rest of us. They have family and responsibilities to take care of. Count your blessings if you still have a business to run tomorrow or a job to go to in order to take care of those that count on you. It's not a pretty world out there these days.

Fountain has been given a chance to make it work, he's not trying to move production to Mexico or China. At least give him credit for that.

P.S. Yes I'm a Fountain fan! And I hope to hell Reggie pulls this off! Don't like that?

Well ..........
Old 10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered

We are limited with brands already. Really dont need one of the big dogs goin under. I like fountain, I like alot of brands. Hell if I had the cake to waste on any boat probably would be something else, but fountains are alot of boat for the money and who wants to see anyone fail. Love him or hate him his product is pretty good for certain reasons. Fountain just out grew the market. Company kind of ate itself. May go back to the basics, build to order, keep less employees working as much as possible and come out a smaller and more profitable company.

Almost all boat companys have their place. How boring would it be to see fountains disapear?

Last edited by 38Lightning; 10-14-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by db71
By reading this and other threads what seems the side that people seem to think is against fountain is most are not against reggie as an idividual but against his business decisions when people say things like "fountain outgrew the market" that did not have to happen it was the choice of the idividual running the company.

This affects everyone in the industry as stated before because when he the company files BR than other companies have to eat costs. Maybe not as much mercury but think all boats are made of resin and fiber and that only come from a couple companies so they may have to raise costs a little or even worse put another company on COD just because they build boats guilty by association. Then look at the financing companies they do not want to finace boats or floorplan them because some manufacturers had their dealers floorplan 10 or 20 boats or more that they now cannot sell or the bank has got back as the dealer went under or reorganized. This in turn has an effect on the whole industry because some companies "outgrew the market".
You are correct in everything you just stated. HOWEVER, I just don't think anyone had anticipated a market turn this dramatic. It is a great lesson to be learned by all. I hope that it teaches our younger generation values that our parents and to a greater extent our grandparents learned and practiced.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=db71;2973427]By reading this and other threads what seems the side that people seem to think is against fountain is most are not against reggie as an idividual but against his business decisions when people say things like "fountain outgrew the market" that did not have to happen it was the choice of the idividual running the company.

I agree. Outgrew the market=more overhead/debt than revenue

Always want to be leaner working at capacity then larger, more exspense, and not enough revenue. No one plans on getting big and the bottom falling out, but hopefully all works out in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.