Purchasing Fountain Powerboats >

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Old 09-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Hustler is currently in negotiations to purchase Fountain powerboats and all its assets. As of Oct. 5th, Fountain powerboats will go up for auction and no longer be doing business. Hustler Powerboats will move its operations to NC and re-build the Fountain and Baja Line to full capacity over the next 4 years and keep the Fountain Legacy intact as we feel it is a big part of Performance boat history and do not want to see it die off. We are dedicated to re-strengthening both Fountain and Baja, keeping the same look and feel with improved quality and workmanship. Over these last couple years, Hustler has been blessed with sales and is running strong and would like to give back to the boating community by saving these companies from being auctioned off piece by piece.

If you have any question please feel free to email me at [email protected]
Old 09-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Registered

Make the beak an option, change the throttles back to a normal setup, get rid of the carpeted head and this could be very cool. Best of luck in the venture.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:34 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Sounds like a win win.......move all operations for three big name boat manufactures to one spot, eliminate a lot of duplicate costs in the process, stop building production numbers.....and hopefully turn a profit. I like it.....sorry it had to happen, but I like the plan.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Make the beak an option, change the throttles back to a normal setup, get rid of the carpeted head and this could be very cool. Best of luck in the venture.
You know I thought I would hate the left handed throttles but now it seems very natural. I am not sure I want to go back to right handed.
Agree with the head, I like the beak look.

Biggest problem I have is with the limited head room in the cabin, when they get longer they still have no room.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Registered

agree with the left hand throtles. having driven many race cars over the years (some with hand brakes) all were rh controls(shifter,chutes,brakes etcc) after driving the fountain left hand controls feel natural for a rh person, stronger arm on the wheel. As far as the buy-out i hope it happens and stays in nc.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Registered

Does Joe get all of Reggies gold chains,or does he have enough of his own-------good luck hope the deal works out.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:56 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

With all due respect, I don't see how this is a "giving back to the boating community" thing. It is obviously a business decision no more, no less. Anything else and you are not serving your own best interests IMHO.

That having been said, there are far too many "brands" in the high performance industry and far too much manufacturing capacity for future needs and demand. Too me, saving a "brand" is not in the best interests of the industry as a whole.

It is great that Hustler is doing well as a limited production semi custom builder. This also applies to Cigarette, Skater, and a few other builders. Frankly, that's enough for the future.

What does make sense is moving Hustler from high cost Long Island to low cost rural North Carolina. Trying to leverage that into making Hustler a high unit producer will be very problematical. Do the industry a "favor" and let the Fountain and Baja "brands" rest in peace.

In any event this is just my .02...and I wish Hustler good luck tilting at windmills.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 09-16-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
Do the industry a "favor" and let the Fountain and Baja "brands" rest in peace.
T2x

Wow , i don`t want that ...when i remember Harley-Davidson they have hard time in `80 , and then since they make the rule ...this is why we need entry level ...and i wish good luck to every group who try something ...

T2x i quote you , but it`s not againts you ...
Christian
Old 09-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Interesting but sounds like a rumor????

Interesting (maybe not bad, they build a nice boat) but was not aware that Hustler had put up a deposit with the bank. Sounds like they will be there tomorrow with their investors.

I doubt very strongly it will go to auction.

Regards,

www.teamshogren.com

Fountain & BAJA By Fountain

Originally Posted by raceday500
Hustler is currently in negotiations to purchase Fountain powerboats and all its assets. As of Oct. 5th, Fountain powerboats will go up for auction and no longer be doing business. Hustler Powerboats will move its operations to NC and re-build the Fountain and Baja Line to full capacity over the next 4 years and keep the Fountain Legacy intact as we feel it is a big part of Performance boat history and do not want to see it die off. We are dedicated to re-strengthening both Fountain and Baja, keeping the same look and feel with improved quality and workmanship. Over these last couple years, Hustler has been blessed with sales and is running strong and would like to give back to the boating community by saving these companies from being auctioned off piece by piece.

If you have any question please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Last edited by TeamShogren.com; 09-16-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:19 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 25 hors la loi
Wow , i don`t want that ...when i remember Harley-Davidson they have hard time in `80 , and then since they make the rule ...this is why we need entry level ...and i wish good luck to every group who try something ...

T2x i quote you , but it`s not againts you ...
Christian
Understood, but motorcycles have only one or two "iconic" brands in the U.S. (Harley and Indian?).

In boats we have Scarab, Cigarette, Magnum, Donzi, Baja, Checkmate, Formula, Fountain, Velocity, Sutphen, Pantera, Skater, Hustler, OL, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Last edited by T2x; 09-16-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.