Notices

LCM going down?

Old 09-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just be careful when buying from them. I picked up a 24 OL with a 509 blower motor and it ran fine on the hose and looked good. Brought it home and took it out for less than 2 hours and found water in the oil. Tore motor down and found both sides of the bowtie block cracked in the water jackets from not being winterized properly or at all. Called them several times and they wanted to sell me a 525 for $15000. I know I didn't buy a $500,000 skater but damn they wont even buy me a block. let alone what ever else is trashed. Have to see when I take it to my engine builder. They won't stand behind what they sell so beware if you deal with them.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Registered

I have tried multiple times to deal with them on boats as I've stated earlier in this area. Never have they bothered to work with me, this week i have gotten 4 e-mails trying to do business.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:29 PM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tried to deal with them 2 1/2 years ago, was talking to Dan trying to work out a deal he never called me back. Bought a boat from Shogren and was very happy at how I was treated. Also recently got an e-mail from LCM trying to do business.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Ive been getting emails from them also
Old 09-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pinkpanther
Just be careful when buying from them. I picked up a 24 OL with a 509 blower motor and it ran fine on the hose and looked good. Brought it home and took it out for less than 2 hours and found water in the oil. Tore motor down and found both sides of the bowtie block cracked in the water jackets from not being winterized properly or at all. Called them several times and they wanted to sell me a 525 for $15000. I know I didn't buy a $500,000 skater but damn they wont even buy me a block. let alone what ever else is trashed. Have to see when I take it to my engine builder. They won't stand behind what they sell so beware if you deal with them.
sounds like my situation. I bought a boat put about 10 hours on it and the "fresh" motor blew up trashing the block and everything else. It ended up costing me over $18,000. I realize this is high performance boating but there is no need to misrepresent things as to what they are not. don't get me started on the whole tax issue........................Then as stupid as I am I tried to trade with them less than a year later and they offered me about half of what I paid them for my boat and wanted waaaaaaay over retail for the boat I wanted to buy. Needless to say I have learned my lesson and dan and lake cumberland marine can kiss my ass.

Last edited by lake speed; 09-24-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine was looking to buy a boat from them a couple of years ago. When we went they were very short and unfriendly. Then there bid system is a joke.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:54 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Wow... not very many positive reviews for LCM on this thread, sounds like it has all caught with them now. The good ones usually survive the tougher times and come out even stronger in the long run. Just my .02
Old 09-25-2009, 05:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lake speed
sounds like my situation. I bought a boat put about 10 hours on it and the "fresh" motor blew up trashing the block and everything else. It ended up costing me over $18,000. I realize this is high performance boating but there is no need to misrepresent things as to what they are not. don't get me started on the whole tax issue........................Then as stupid as I am I tried to trade with them less than a year later and they offered me about half of what I paid them for my boat and wanted waaaaaaay over retail for the boat I wanted to buy. Needless to say I have learned my lesson and dan and lake cumberland marine can kiss my ass.
Mine only had 20 hours on the motor? apparently the guy traded my boat and a older outerlimits for a newer outerlimits. I would think after putting this much money in a motor he would have winterized it. apparently they took it in on trade in april? Who knows for sure.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

funny I saw that yellow Cougar headding south on I-71 last night.. ??
Old 10-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

There is a Cigarette Top Gun at National Liquidators red with Superman painted on the side (older), also a 36' Skater with Twin Procharged Mercs. Not on the website yet. Any info on these? I just got back and there are about ten boats that haven't hit the site yet, nice stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.