Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My Hustler Gets A *Mitcher T Paint Job* (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/217066-my-hustler-gets-%2Amitcher-t-paint-job%2A.html)

glassdave 11-24-2009 10:04 AM

Mitch has a technique for masking that works very well for him. To tell the truth i was skeptical of the method myself until i saw a few of his jobs first hand. After chatting with him about it i understand exactly why he does it that way now. Regardless of the assumptions here, Mitch is respected and at a very high level in this profession for a reason.

I have a regular customer that has a Mitch T paint job on his Awesome cat. The quality is extremely high and its a benchmark that i use for my own work.

TEAMBAJA 11-24-2009 12:03 PM

No assumptions, but there are alot of people who followed this thread from the beginning and then it was dead in the water. I look forward to progress threads like this and like many others I was disappointed not to see the final result.

sunsation96 11-24-2009 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 2995633)
No assumptions, but there are alot of people who followed this thread from the beginning and then it was dead in the water. I look forward to progress threads like this and like many others I was disappointed not to see the final result.

I agree on seeing the final product. I would not think for one minute that Mitch would even take a chance of cutting corners to save time or money when it is his name on the line. I have seen the highest priced sunsations and the lowest price sunsations and the quality is always the same top notch. Now let's see the final pictures.

boatnt 11-24-2009 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J (Post 2995289)
I am also a painter and totally agree! I see way too much stuff taped on boats (and yes I know how they are built) that doesn't need to be... rubrails, thru hulls, vents etc... Funny I saw calk around a rubrail painted over on a new Roughrider a while back, wonder how its holding up now:eek:

you dont want to paint behind a rubrail,you want to stay about 1/8 away from it,
the rub rail expands when it rubs the pier and if you have paint behind it it will rub off.
dont question Mitch,he really does know what his doing!

Audiofn 11-24-2009 12:54 PM

Then I must really have you pissed off then :lolhit::lolhit::lolhit:

Wildman_grafix 11-24-2009 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by boatnt (Post 2995667)
you dont want to paint behind a rubrail,you want to stay about 1/8 away from it,
the rub rail expands when it rubs the pier and if you have paint behind it it will rub off.
dont question Mitch,he really does know what his doing!

I never thought of that one. That is a good hint, not that I will be painting any boats soon.

boatnt 11-24-2009 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix (Post 2995685)
I never thought of that one. That is a good hint, not that I will be painting any boats soon.

great,let me know if you need any more tips:D:D

glassdave 11-24-2009 01:11 PM

point taken :cool:

boatme 11-24-2009 03:24 PM

All i am going to say is there is a very good reason Mitch is one of the top boat painters in the country

Trust me know one works harder at thier craft than Mitch

He is not the only boat painter out there but he is on the top of the heap with a few others for good reason

Wildman_grafix 11-24-2009 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by boatnt (Post 2995692)
great,let me know if you need any more tips:D:D

Yea, how to pick the winning lotto numbers,,,:evilb::evilb::evilb:

Sorry off topic.