Old 09-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Are there "after pictures"?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I let it all build up,at the time he said he would stay on it,I figured no one would want to do a unfinished job,he had called everybody in town telling them i was to picky,worried about then if each other blaming the other for something going wrong in the paint,that would make paying for 3 jobs.Ive had the worst luck of my life this year,sister had baby,away for the store a month,had it by myself,Dad terminally ill,3 accidents with my truck,not my fault,unexpected drive repair,6500,came back damaged,McLeod screwing me,double 1900,truck motor,90k miles blows head gasket,mech said needs heads also,and he could not show me were the coolant was leaking into the engine,or on the head gasket, that was a week before going to Mitch's,6680.tire on truck blowing out taking out the fender,new stainless exhaust,supports,inner bed side wheel house,all the wiring out of my new LEDS,another tire blew out same fender,just fender this tone but got a half asses paint job,buddy driving backs inti new dodge himi with 500miles,same fender,bed cover in storm rips off hits hood,hit power line burns carpet,flys into water,takes almost 2 months for them to make a new one,its built allot cheaper,business real slow,we do our own financing,stay in court most of the time,most just skip out,Employ help high turnover.The year aint over.I dont think ive see the worst.

Im ready for 2010

Rob
Good god Rob! I see why you didn't post all that. Hey Gino want this guy's luck? You've had it good compared to Strip.

Last edited by Catmando; 09-18-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Hey Strip,nice meeting you guys,I just picked up my Powerquest I was dropping off the day you were there,looks great!

Mitch only knows how to do things one way,the right way!
its was good meeting you also,the boat looked great,its cool what he added,I cant remember which truck had the rock tamers? how they work for ya?

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Talking

Sorry, the picks are comingMitch is taking them now and as he goes,I'll post them as I get them,
The picks are before striping it,then they jump to Mitch shop work in progress.

Hind site as far as it was taking down and from what I already have paid out ,add alittle more to it and I could of had a all new crazy loud style paint job,

I'm ready to get it back,get my head back together. that way I depend on myself on getting it back together,Just think my Motors and stuff has been ready to go since Feb.had so much stuff in the garage had to put the Chevelle in the warehouse,heres a garage pick.

Thanks for the comments guys!!
Rob
Attached Thumbnails My Hustler Gets A  *Mitcher T Paint Job*-outdrive-foot-polished-9-16-09-002-large-.jpg  

Old 09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Nice, what did you use to paint the drives? Or did Mitcher T do that?
Old 09-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Sounds like you sent it to the right person Rob. Can't wait to see the final pics.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
How I got to Mitcher T's Custom Paint
Ill give you a little info on my 9 1/2 months of Hell with the Previous Painter (Aqua Fiberglass/Tracy Hipp here in Ms).I dropped the boat off at Aqua Dec 3rd. They said 2-3 months,basically started as a touch up,reclear part of the deck, fix chips/scratches in bottom.Then it turned into make the boat look brand NEW!! He started on it in Feb,He just would not stay on it,stretching it out. I was the bottom of the list,small jobs came first.He asked for some money around June,my $10k partial payment put them in slow motion.Thinking it would motivate them.Wrong.They made the job into a full repaint ,This went on and on,making more work for themselves ,charging me more,I was Fedup, I called on Aug 19 Wed to pick the boat up unfinished,they wouldn't even give me a week to pick it up.to find somewhere to put it or find a new painter,Funny how they had it for 9 1/2 months.They pushed it outside that Friday, threatening me with storage fees,that I had to pay the full amount now,they already had a lawyer, I went to pick it up Aug 26th,.It turned nasty!! I did have to pay full amount to get it out,not much choice,I got screwed!!! it would of turned into lawsuit and me losing another year,it would be sitting outside and them charging storage fees during the lawsuit,I just wanted to move forward.At least I get to use it in 2010.Aqua/Tracy told me it was finished except the deck,that it was fully prepped and ready to shoot,Went to pick it up It was dark and raining with the cover on it,Didn't matter I wanted it out of there.Then in daylight it was worse than I thought

So I started looking for a painter,a Pro!! no more dishonest amateurs in Mississippi.I emailed and talked with a good bit of painters. They were all over 10-12 hours trips,I was willing to drive the distance,I figure they would think I was serious being I am driving that far.I decided on Mitch at Mitcher T's, I PM'ed a bunch of people on OSO about him,all said good things,Like Mitch told me I will not find a person that's dissatisfied with him,I searched all the boards ,nothing I had to babysit Aqua,literally,painting over chips,overspray on dash,leaving sand scratches all in the paint etc.Mitch said you will not need to babysit us, this is all we do,just paint nothing else.He said no worries,I guess he's baby-sitting me now

We left Thursday Night 8pm got there 9.30 am Sept 4th,I drove straight through,RedBull and chocolate .We went over the boat about a hour went to lunch,Got back they had already started on it it was taped up and they were sanding on the back.I spent another 3 hours with Mitch and Mason going over stuff. I'm sure I repeated stuff I was up for 36 hours straight,We drove 28 hours of the 50 hours since we left the house,1874 miles total. Went thru 10 states.He said 2 weeks,he's a man of his word,were headed back up there 24th. that's 13 days of him working on it.There's got to be one of those priceless jokes somewhere in all this.

From the time I picked up my boat to a finished paint job at Mitcher T's 28 Days

Rob

This is what it looked like before paint.
Rob,
How could you be so dumb to get yourself in a situation like this?! I would never get into a situation like this. Next time before you do something, Call me and I will tell you how to go about it!!

It's really too bad things like this have to happen. It really takes the joy out of having the boat. It's bad enough what we have to spend to maintain these things but to get screwed every way you turn and having to be on your gaurd and defensive all the time really sucks!
We all learn for our mistakes. It never fails, every time I try to save a few bucks it cost me double if not triple. If I told you what I went through with my engines and what it cost the last 12 months, you wouldn't believe it!

Last edited by LubeJobs42; 09-18-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Talking

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Nice, what did you use to paint the drives? Or did Mitcher T do that?
The drives are prob a imron? I buffed on them a little much,showing primer in a few placesThats the way they come from Bravo shop,they have 104 hours 2 years on them,Thats the only thing thats needs painting,it has chips and some of the black paint flaking off,The transom will look like brand new except the black on the uppers,maybe next winter Ill tear it down and redo it.Ive been sanding and polishing on the foots for a couple months.
2007 pick with the new HT drives.
Rob
Attached Thumbnails My Hustler Gets A  *Mitcher T Paint Job*-windsheild%25204-29-2007%2520026%2520%2528medium%2529.jpg   My Hustler Gets A  *Mitcher T Paint Job*-outdrive-foot-polished-9-16-09-056-large-.jpg  

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 09-18-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Rob,
How could you be so dumb to get yourself in a situation like this?! I would never get into a situation like this. Next time before you do something, Call me and I will tell you how to go about it!!

It's really too bad things like this have to happen. It really takes the joy out of having the boat. It's bad enough what we have to spend to maintain these things but to get screwed every way you turn and having to be on your gaurd and defensive all the time really sucks!
We all learn for our mistakes. It never fails, every time I try to save a few bucks it cost me double if not triple. If I told you what I went through with my engines and what it cost the last 12 months, you wouldn't believe it!
Were with you Rob and Gino too on a certain project we trusted with some people in good ole South Florida that totally screwed us over and it may not be quite for much longer!!! Cant wait to see how she looks Rob!
Old 09-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Rob,
It's really too bad things like this have to happen. It really takes the joy out of having the boat. It's bad enough what we have to spend to maintain these things but to get screwed every way you turn and having to be on your guard and defensive all the time really sucks!

Hey Geno I guess I let them get over on me,hey maybe your rubbing off on me I really wasn't trying to save money,he kept saying we need to do this,something would screw up,Id give him the go ahead $$, just get it done!! Heres a Quote from Aqua/Tracy .I told Tracy he needs to finish the wet sanding and buff it out slick,he thought he was done
those sand scratches are suppose to be there,if we sand and buff them out they will keep coming back.the paint keeps drying and they will pop back up
I told him he was a Idiot trying to tell me that BS.

The engine hatch has been painted ,cleared wet sanded and buffed slick,thats finished.
Attached Thumbnails My Hustler Gets A  *Mitcher T Paint Job*-new-image-large-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.