Velocity Powerboats ad in Poker Runs America >

Velocity Powerboats ad in Poker Runs America

Notices

Velocity Powerboats ad in Poker Runs America

Old 04-08-2002, 12:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What is the largest step bottom boat Mr. Smith has designed and built??30’ or so! Hell you could drive that tiny thing around Inside One of Harry Boats or Better yet use it for a Lifeboat LOL
. Who else has a Patent around here on a bottom?? Who lived with a high speed water tank in their shop? Who can explain their systems so a 12 year old can understand? Heck I have talked to some boat builders with step bottoms that can not explain how the dam thing works.. Just my $.02 By the way what brought this to my attention was what people were saying about the ride.

Best Regards
Old 04-08-2002, 08:04 AM
ScreaminDemon

Mr. Schoell has worked with: US NAvy, Larson, Infinity Yachts, Challenger, ActiveThunder, Yamaha, Caiman Cats, Fountain and many others.

Old 04-08-2002, 10:01 AM
22Velocity

Smile

AS the owner of a 22 Velocity for the last 15 years,I have waited and watched this post developing on the handling of a Steve Stepp Velocity. I hope that it has dawned on some of the readers as to why Velocity hasn't switched over to a step designed bottom. The current pad design is very forgiving.I know,I can speak of a few instances where I would have been in the lake, had it not been for the current design.Most likely Steve realizes the increased liability of a step designed hull.My son and I have watched several races where step bottom cats and V's have hooked when the driver has cranked too much on the wheel. A lot of the Velocitys sold probably wind up in the hands of non racers, I commend Stepp for his wise business and moral decision. Just my two cents.