Notices

pdx alpine amp Bridgable/

Old 09-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pdx alpine amp Bridgable/

Is there a way to bridge this amp for my subs?? It has plugs for left and right + and - with set screws.

what is the correct way to do this pdx 1.1000 class D amp. My Alpine 10 inch subs just blew apart.rated for 300 watts ? Im not sure if my son was playing his gangsta rap and blew them or what.We are going to waterboard him unless he fesses up! Or you can save him, those speaker were 400 bucks to replace.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

You can't bridge a 1-channel BUT it is 2-ohm stable.That means you can hook two subs IF they equal a 2-ohm load together.It will do 1k watts 4-ohm or 2-ohm.It's a nice amp but friggin pricey.

Which Alpine subs do you have?

I'm going to ASSUME you have the 10" marine by the 300 watt rating you speak of.If that is the case then they are SVC 4-ohm and both together will give a 2-ohm load.Basically both pos wires to the + on the amp and the both neg to the - of the amp.If you are putting 1k watts to both of these you are over driving them.300 each is about it for them.I have one in my boat with about 300 to it.

How do you know they went bad?

Usually you burn a coil up and the sub gets crunchy or locks up.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered

Talking

Turned the stereo on and these things were slappin.no bass.
The alpine pdx1.1000 mono amp has 2 plugs,so I forget one plug put 2 + on the one plug and 2 on - and leave one plug out?

They are the marine 10 inch subs yes 2-4 ohm
1000watt amp speakers only rated for 300max?
These are firing into the tunnel area almost free air.I put one in a box unported and it seemed about the same.Just bought new speaker and re installed back into the tunnels .
Old 09-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Registered

Talking

I am running two 10's left and right into each tunnel.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

It is a mono amp, but has outputs for 2 subs. Just connect each sub to each plug. make sure you have the + and - connected properly to the plug in. If you were only running one sub, you run one + to one plug and one - to the other plug. Make sure the gain is set properly so they don't blow again. I have the same subs and am putting about 250 watts to each of them by bridging a PDX 4.100. You also don't want to put a free air sub in a sealed box.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...del=PDX-1.1000
Old 09-19-2009, 04:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
You also don't want to put a free air sub in a sealed box.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...del=PDX-1.1000
And why is that? Just because they can operate without a completely sealed enclosure doesn't mean they can't. The closer the woofer is to a sealed enclosure, the better it will sound. Here's a manual for a Wet Sounds free-air woofer that has a sealed enclosure recommended for it: http://www.wetsounds.com/media/produ...Subwoofers.pdf
Old 09-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Registered

Talking

I found the specs for the subs and they dont say free air.It has a bunch of measurements for a sealed box optimum 32x22x15 5 sq feet of space.

the optimum vented box has NA all the way down???

Vented would be the same as free air no??
Old 09-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
I found the specs for the subs and they dont say free air.It has a bunch of measurements for a sealed box optimum 32x22x15 5 sq feet of space.

the optimum vented box has NA all the way down???

Vented would be the same as free air no??
Vented and Free Air are not the same. Vented is a sealed box with a port.
I did look at my manual and it does give those dimensions for a sealed box. I didn't realize they could be used either way. Most subs cannot......well, they can, but won't handle the same power or sound as good.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

BTW, The PDX 1.1000 puts out more like 1200watts rms which is double what the Alpine Subs are rated for. Turn the gain down on the amp or they will blow again.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Registered

so leave them firing into each sponson and the tunnel?

Just got back from playing with the system,set the db at 15 as per alpines manual.
Crank it up get to about 20 on my volume and with heavy bass music the bass clips and goes away.I have to shut off the system and reset.I turned down the sub woofer at the stereo to o and then set bass at+3
Im using the kenwood 400mr and heavy guage right to both batteries.

Are the speakers expanding too much and clipping the amp??
I may build a box but I dont know if it will fit in the gunnels of the skater.I guess there is a point at which youhave to quit volume wise.I am running 4 8" mids with crossovers Bazooka,not what I wanted but couldnt get the 770 JBL's at the time.I can crank the piss out of them after the sub clips and thats 4 speakers running off a pdx550 ? I also have a 1.5 farad capaciter too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.