Notices

Fountain Question

Old 09-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesufka
I road in a 35 foot Fountain over the weekend with staggered 600's. I was impressed to say the least when the speedo touched the 100 MPH mark. However, I was also surprised as to the "chine walking" that was occurring. Can this "chine walk" be controlled with steering corrections (like an Allison or Hydrostream)? Trim tab settings?

Just curious. Thanks.

Mike
Please remember that this thread started with a staggard 35. Most of the responses refer to the old schoold versions, which were side by side. In the rough, it is a shortage of fiberglass. Lets see, a 32 foot boat doing 100mph, yep, you will have to drive it like a race boat. The 42 700's don't chime at all, and they do slightly over 100mph.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 35's do not chine walk. props like say a 6 bld hydromotive will cause chine walking over 90.
i have driven over 30 different 35's . its. standoff. on the transom. imco's. merc speedmaster. low water , dual water. maximus, hering, hyrdro, merc.
they do not walk unless set up wrong.
with 600 hp you should be seeing more like 105+
Old 10-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Monstaaa,

Our fountain is a 35 lightning, non staggered, no step hull. We had 557 cu in BBC N/A around 700 hp with Speedmaster 3 drives. This set up ran 102.

The new engine set up will be at least 1000 hp, we are trying to decide if we want to go with 5 or 6 drives and top speeds.

Any thoughts?