who overnights in their boats? >

who overnights in their boats?

Notices

who overnights in their boats?

Old 04-08-2002, 11:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That makes sense, I have only seen and heard problems with the Cruisairs and Marine Airrr units. If Mermaid staggers all the motors starting it should work. If there was some way to graft a double wall pipe onto the gen you might be able to plumb it through the hull, but an exhaust leak in the system could be fatal, whatever you do make sure you go with a good CO detector just to be safe. Non marine gensets in boats scare the hell out of me. I'm not even real comfortable about regular gensets CO and me don't get along too well since a little problem in a dyno room many, many moons ago.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up April's issue of Hot Boat tells my story

being under the stars just about makes the boat payments!!
Attached Thumbnails who overnights in their boats?-cockpit-cabin-crop.jpg  
Old 04-08-2002, 11:58 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

nothing like drinking a few to many and deciding to stay out and sleep on the boat behind the beach

Jon
Old 04-09-2002, 12:00 AM
Registered

I have spent a max of 4 days on my boat with my girlfriend at PIB (christmas in july).
It wasn't too bad at all , kind of like tent camping but a little more comfortable.

The only things I don't like are it could use a little more headroom and an enclosed head.
Oh well , the next boat will be 31-32' and I'm sure it will be alot better.
Old 04-09-2002, 12:04 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Overnite on ours once a month at min. Gotta love that sleeping on the water, with the AC running on those humid nights, full bath with shower, and waking up and having breakfast in the fully equiped galley!
Old 04-09-2002, 12:29 AM
Registered

We spent 7 or 8 nights on the boat last summer, including a 3 day stretch with 2 kids (my wife and I on the v-berth, kids on the couches.) TV/VCR and a fan are must haves, especially when we got stuck in Put-in-Bay on a Friday night with kids. They chilled down below and missed most most of the action (a good thing, some things I'm not just ready to have to explain.) We did get a bimini with windshield and aft cover which makes camping on the boat much better since you can actually stand up in the cockpit. I'm with you Chuck, next boat will have enclosed head and some headroom.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1,774 Likes on 698 Posts
Thumbs up EVERY WEEKEND!

One of the reasons I bought my 24' Sonic was the cabin. It's huge for an itty bitty 24'.
Sit up head room on opposed love seats (a must have).
Along with some stratigically placed mirrors, thinnnnnnnnggggs (if you know what I mean) appear bigger than they are!
In all seriousness, would'nt trade it for the world.
Sold a 32' Marinette Sedan Bridge Cruiser to buy this boat. No regrets.
Spent 7 days straight on it last Summer. Doing 14 this Summer for a trip up to Georgian Bay/North Channel.
It is as someone else said, just like camping. A place for everything, and everything in its place.
When I bought this boat, I bought my first mate a nice duffel bag and told her, "you can bring anything on the boat you want, as long as it fits in this bag".
She is the bomb, and loves it as much as me!
Something about anchoring off a safe beach, under the stars, and not having to drive etc.
Funny how early the drinking light comes on, how long it stays on, and how bright it is!
Took friends up for a weekend on "our" beach with their boats for the first time and it got ugly!
Gary
Old 04-09-2002, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

US1- All that in a 27 Fountain???
Old 04-09-2002, 08:53 AM
Registered

Overnight all the time. Never anchored overnight, always at a marina with bathroom and shower close by.
I live for this! Friday night rush home from work, already have boat hitched to truck and loaded ready to go. Drive 2 1/2 hours to Alex bay, launch just before sunset... spend 2 nights, come home Sunday afternoon.
Wife and I once spent a week on a 21' cuddy! Talk about uncomfortable, our 272 is like heaven compared to that thing.
Anyway, it's alot of fun and affordable.
Old 04-09-2002, 09:04 AM
Miami

At least every weekend, May through October,friday evening through Sunday, on a 33 Powerplay Sportdeck, one wife, no storage, no head, no cooking, no Tv, no kids, no headroom, no AC - and it is awesome. At the end of a full day of sun, fun and embibement, it is all I can do to crawl into the cabin and passout. Sunrise on the water is awesome and I always get an early start on my boating for the next day. Restaurants have food, marina's have showers and a large cup and / or bucket handle bodily funtions.

Water, gently lapping against the hull, a canopy of stars, mist rising off the water and the alarm clock of ducks and seabirds is cathartic to the soul!!!!

Quick Reply: who overnights in their boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.