Notices

online at home finally

Old 04-07-2002, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default online at home finally

Thanks to Milord, for fixing my old piece of junk computer, as you can see it works!! I had a good time meeting up again with 26scarab, VisciousOne, Bill Robb, and Milord and hid girfriend Melissa, and Melissa's Father Rich, What A nige guy. I got Melissa to have her first Hooters experience, and another one enjoyed for the rest of us for sure. James, as a side note, Giant Drunk Jason broke his ankle some how, after we left. I made fun of him all day!! God Know's he deserves a little ripping on!!

Now questions for the rest of you, that know more about online service than me, cuz this is my first time online at home. I used an AOL 1000 hours free cd, and that will burn out in 45 days, I'm looking for opinions on which online provider to use???I'm talking FREE, who's got freebee online service, and how is it? Juno?? Is hotmail a e-mail only service? Show me the way here, I'm not at work where there's an army of IT people to take care of the details like this for me, and are the free services worth the annoyance of pop-up ad's. Thanks in advance!!

Rob

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 04-07-2002 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-07-2002, 08:51 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

hey rob be careful with the free online services most are more hassle than they are worth. my girlfriend had juno an it was way slow and had alot of pop up stuff you had to go through, i here there is some online downloads that you can get to eliminate most of that stuff but i havnt used any yet, . . . .still havnt had a chance to stop an look at your redline at spakrys but i hafta go up there an look at do'n some work on a outerlimits he has in though. . . .good luck with the home PC.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:08 PM
Registered

I was checking out that outerlimits yesterday, It's a nice looking paint job on it.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:27 PM
Registered

Ut oh!! Now you'll be surfing the OSO board at night too. Now you'll never get anything done. hahahaa

P.S....every girl always remembers her first Hooter's experience! LOL!!

Last edited by MissAmy; 04-07-2002 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Registered

Hey Rob, thanks for corrupting the Canadians as usual. Though I don't remember all of it. Rich said we went to some party, don't recall that one very well!

I'm still feeling a little rough but coming around, yesterday was painful.

Giant Drunk Jason broke his ankle, I'm not suprised. He defintely fits his nickname! Too funny.

Anyway, about free providers, I'd stick with the AOL I think, I can't imagine you will use up 1000 hours very quickly. I've heard all that free crap sucks but I don't know first hand, I always pay.
Old 04-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Registered

I can actually see the intro now, and get into the chat room!! At work I'm on a unix system, and it doesn't allow me to use a flash player. Now I can check out more stuff from home. Does anyone know about these downloadable pop-up ad elemination things GlassDave was refering too?
Old 04-08-2002, 11:36 AM
Registered

Dude, do a search for pop up killer and you will find lots of programs to do it.
Old 04-08-2002, 02:18 PM
Registered

Does anyone else have any suggestions/opinions on the free internet services? I looked up the pop up killers, like $20 one time free and lifetime upgrades...
Old 04-08-2002, 02:50 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

hey rob heres a link to the search i did , a few came up i didnt have time to chek any of them out. there should be something here that will work out.

pop up killer search

i will look into it later also . . .no time right now . .

Old 04-08-2002, 04:21 PM
Registered

Rob, Skip the free crap and dial-up. Pay the extra money for cable!! The connection is even faster at home than work for me now. With Comcast, you can check your email from any computer and also build a web page (up to 25 meg). The only downside is cost...about $40 per month. Even with the cost, I will never go back to dial-up..ever.

Just my $.02

Mike

Quick Reply: online at home finally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.