28 sunsation or 25 baja outlaw

Notices

28 sunsation or 25 baja outlaw

Old 04-07-2002, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 28 sunsation or 25 baja outlaw

Ok let me just ask for your opinion> Lets see what I can start.
28 sunsation or 25 baja outlaw both with 502 mag.
Old 04-07-2002, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh they are both 2000 by the way!

Thanks again
Old 04-07-2002, 07:40 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My close friend has SUNSATION 288, in fact we crossed the bay together today. AWESOME boat, we know what big water is in the bay and ocean, and he preforms better than most other big name boats.
I own neither, just love my DONZI ZX.

Bryan
Old 04-07-2002, 08:10 PM
Registered

I've been looking at both and vote for Sunsation also. Longer, lighter and faster with same power. The newer Outlaws have improved but it's a real heavy hull for 25ft. I've also been looking at Velocity 280. Everyone I've talked to with a Sunsation loves them.
Old 04-07-2002, 08:49 PM
Luxy60

I think Sunsation makes a great boat. I also happen to own a 25 Outlaw and think it's a great value. The Sunsation is a lighter boat and will be a bit faster. Both will perform good in rough water. The Sunsation has a built in swim platform so the LOA really isn't that different. Just a matter of which one fits your needs, taste and budget.

Anything will fade if it's not taken care of properly.

Any difference in price/ condition??

Old 04-07-2002, 09:06 PM
KN
Registered

Sunsation all the way, I have nothing against Baja's. But I think you are going to get more boat with the Sunsation. I assume you are compairing the two because they are similar in price. I agree with the points that Fever Mike made.
It would be worth your while to go to the Sunsation Factory and see how they are made, do the same for the Baja if it's possible. The glass work on the Sunsation is outstanding.
The guys at Sunsation are great if you have any troubles you can call and talk to the owners and get results. Their customer service is second to none.
Another thing to consider is resale look on boat traider I bet you there is 50 or more 25' Baja's for sale and only a couple of 28' Sunsations. I think the Sunsation will be worth more down the road.
Post your question on the Sunsation section of OSO there are quite a few guys on there with 288's that would love to give you more insight on them. Also give David a shout at the factory, ask him for some literature on the 288. Good Luck

Kirk

P.S. give me a call if you have any questions or I can help you with anything. Oh ya I have a 32' Sunsation
Old 04-07-2002, 09:13 PM
KN
Registered

Originally posted by Luxy60
I think Sunsation makes a great boat. I also happen to own a 25 Outlaw and think it's a great value. The Sunsation is a lighter boat and will be a bit faster. Both will perform good in rough water. The Sunsation has a built in swim platform so the LOA really isn't that different. Just a matter of which one fits your needs, taste and budget.

Anything will fade if it's not taken care of properly.

Any difference in price/ condition??
Luxy60 The Sunsation is 28'8'' with the swim platform the actual running lengh is 27' not trying to slit hairs but the Sunsation is a couple of feet longer.
The Baja is a nice boat, I looked at one a while back great lines and has more room than most 25's

Kirk
Old 04-07-2002, 09:48 PM
Luxy60

KN, Nice boat! I was considering moving up this year and the 32' Sunsation was on the short list. Again, like Baja, I think Sunsation offers a great value. There are lots of 25 Outlaw's and as such they are well known and a great "step up" boat for lots of folks moving from a smaller runabout or as a first boat. Sunsation has a limited dealer network. Something to consider if you will be doing your boating far from where you buy it. This is less of a consideration with a used boat but is something to consider. I bought my boat new and it is nice having the dealer close by. I'd still like to know what the costs are of the boats?? Hard to say anything about resale/ value without this info.

Old 04-07-2002, 10:02 PM
Registered

We test drove the 28'Sunsation (open-bow though) over Easter weekend down at the boat show at LOTO. We really liked it and if we ever decided to get rid of the Sea Ray the Sunsation would be a top contender. Would probably want a little bigger, possibly the 32. I only know a few people that have owned Sunsations but they seem to love them.

Good Luck with your decision.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:56 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I'd vote for the Sunsation, and I own a 24' Baja Outlaw. Cockpit is about the same size. Cabin is much nicer in the Sunsation. The finish and quality of the Sunsation is excellent. Also as stated the, Sunsation will be 3-5mph faster. As far as rough water handling, I think they will be comparable. The 25 Outlaw has a full 25' off hull and the 288 Sunsation has about 27' when you subtract the swim deck. The weights of each are very close.
When I looked at a Sunsation last year, the owner had a 800hp blower motor in it and said the boat handled fine at 85mph. He also said that he had the engine in his 25 Outlaw before he got the Sunsation. He said the the Baja got REAL out of control at 80+mph and chine walked badly.

Quick Reply: 28 sunsation or 25 baja outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.