Notices

It's not the bars fault!

Old 09-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. As a formar chrysler, Jeep dealer we used to have an Octoberfest sales event and serve beer and brauts. About 9 years ago our attorney told us to put the brakes on the event. we then served root beer. Sad but the times are changing.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty

Bottom line, I agree hear where you are coming from and agree.

5 of my closest friends are attorneys that specialize in various areas of the law, so I am definitely not someone that has a problem with the profession!

I do wish more attorney's would show people with these cases to the door, but hopefully the defense will do a good job.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
How about suing the local church if we're going to go big? I'm sure there's an attorney that could create the scenario where God ultimately played a role in this?

....good one BLee are you a lawyer??? ...and that is how you can make a million or 2 "+" expenses if you are!!!
LOL, no. As I mentioned to "Smarty", I have a bunch of friends that are, so I hear the "language" all the time when they are discussing a case, which is CONSTANTLY when they are around each other!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLee
LOL, no. As I mentioned to "Smarty", I have a bunch of friends that are, so I hear the "language" all the time when they are discussing a case, which is CONSTANTLY when they are around each other!
We will sell lots of Liquor Liability Insurance to bars and night clubs for this exact reason.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee

5 of my closest friends are attorneys that specialize in various areas of the law, so I am definitely not someone that has a problem with the profession!

I do wish more attorney's would show people with these cases to the door, but hopefully the defense will do a good job.
tort reform, let them bring suit, if they cant prove it, they pay all costs. that will stop frivolous suits in just hopeing that they settle first.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
tort reform, let them bring suit, if they cant prove it, they pay all costs. that will stop frivolous suits in just hopeing that they settle first.
yep...tort reform could stop alot of it but you know there is always a loop hole....my tax attorney finds um all the time
Old 09-30-2009, 04:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
yep...tort reform could stop alot of it but you know there is always a loop hole....my tax attorney finds um all the time
as does mine, but with a chance that if they didnt win they would pay, may deter some people.
example; someone gets hurt and doesn't make a lot of money, see an easy settlement or pay day, and some attorney says let me sue and I'll only take a 3rd, if i don't win you pay nothing.(the attorney knowing full and well he can sue for a million, settle on a couple hundred k and take his 3rd) now the chance of having to pay all attorneys fees puts up a serious risk to the person wanting to sue. Better make sure the case has merit.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bar should sue the State for not having law enforcement on the water to check for BUI's.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by getreal
The bar should sue the State for not having law enforcement on the water to check for BUI's.
That would be awesome. I'm sure some attorney would take it.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by getreal
that would ultimately be a problem for the rest of us I don't want any more enforcement agents on the water by me than we already have....they're pretty lenient so no need in stirring up a hornets nest because someone isn't responsible enough to get a ride or let someone else take them to the dock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.