Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Mercedes Boat Running, Thanks Jt! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/217809-mercedes-boat-running-thanks-jt.html)

LubeJobs42 09-30-2009 02:37 PM

Mercedes Boat Running, Thanks Jt!

1 Attachment(s)
We have all had crazy problems with our boats. Sometimes we get lucky and find the problem right away but then there are those problems that can drive you out of your mind. Every time you think you found it and its fixed, it happens again. This is what we have been dealing with EVERY SINGLE DAY since the Loto Shootout.
Johnny from TNT offered to help us with this problem. I know he has to be so sorry he opened his mouth! It took more time than any of us what have thought. To see if the problem was fixed, the boat would need to be put in the water, idle out 20 minutes to the bay and then run it. If it wasn't fixed, back to the dock, pull it out of the water, back to the shop etc. He probably did this 6 or 8 times.
All his hard work paid off! He actually found several problems that was causing one motor to shut off when on it hard and it would load up real bad at idle.

We are getting packed up to head over to Sarasota for the run this weekend.
Johnny sent me a text message from his phone showing me the boat was running. His only regret was he had too small of a prop. He promised next week we will put the big props on the boat set up a couple of video cameras and really see what it can do!
Here is a copy of the text picture below.

Thank you again Johnny!!! I was losing sleep over this one! You and Lupe did a great job both fixing the boat and running it!!

By the way, JT was going a bit faster but he had to let off the throttles for a second to take the picture with his phone and he lost some speed! :p

fountainracing65 09-30-2009 02:51 PM

Did Reggie offer his hand? Joking!!! LOL

Smarty 09-30-2009 02:54 PM

It is good to hear that the gremlins have been expelled. 182.1 mph that is crazy fast, and you need bigger props? That is outstanding.

plumbers crack 09-30-2009 02:55 PM

I like it! Go gettemmm!

Detail Toyz 09-30-2009 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2963734)
We have all had crazy problems with our boats. Sometimes we get lucky and find the problem right away but then there are those problems that can drive you out of your mind. Every time you think you found it and its fixed, it happens again. This is what we have been dealing with EVERY SINGLE DAY since the Loto Shootout.
Johnny from TNT offered to help us with this problem. I know he has to be so sorry he opened his mouth! It took more time than any of us what have thought. To see if the problem was fixed, the boat would need to be put in the water, idle out 20 minutes to the bay and then run it. If it wasn't fixed, back to the dock, pull it out of the water, back to the shop etc. He probably did this 6 or 8 times.
All his hard work paid off! He actually found several problems that was causing one motor to shut off when on it hard and it would load up real bad at idle.

We are getting packed up to head over to Sarasota for the run this weekend.
Johnny sent me a text message from his phone showing me the boat was running. His only regret was he had too small of a prop. He promised next week we will put the big props on the boat set up a couple of video cameras and really see what it can do!
Here is a copy of the text picture below.

Thank you again Johnny!!! I was losing sleep over this one! You and Lupe did a great job both fixing the boat and running it!!

By the way, JT was going a bit faster but he had to let off the throttles for a second to take the picture with his phone and he lost some speed! :p

Good stuff Gino glad to here its running right again

customryder 09-30-2009 05:52 PM

IT Never ends Gino... its a boat... but good luck in the future!!:drink:

JUSTGOLF 09-30-2009 06:14 PM

182 that's so nice, man i wish you could of run that at the shootout!:evilb:

mmareno 09-30-2009 08:20 PM

Dammmmmmm.. I was hoping to see those numbers in Loto.. Well, Gettum' next year!!

Great Numbers!!:drink::drink:

LubeJobs42 09-30-2009 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by mmareno (Post 2963981)
Dammmmmmm.. I was hoping to see those numbers in Loto.. Well, Gettum' next year!!

Great Numbers!!:drink::drink:

Your not the only one! Again, goes back to my wonderful luck! Boat ran flawless in Ft. Lauderdale before it left. Friday at loto thought we were ready to run in the 170's. We did practice runs before we left and we were ready. Saturday morning driving from The condo to Dog days, it started acting up a little. The very first run, it shuts off1/2 way down the course. It never fails!!!!

KiloKat 10-01-2009 08:36 AM

I was talking with JT the other day right after he had taken this posted picture. He was trying to explain what the motor was doing. He and his staff are GR8 when it comes to finding gremlins :)
Congrats Gino!