Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stabill vs Seafoam (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/217899-stabill-vs-seafoam.html)

lake13oz 10-02-2009 10:45 AM

Stabill vs Seafoam

I'm getting ready to winterize and I've always used Stabill in my gas tanks for winter storage. I have heard good things about Seafoam. Any opinions??

fantastixvoyage 10-02-2009 11:18 AM

I'll have to read the can again, but I always thought seafoam was more of a cleaner. Stabil was made for one reason and seems proven, I would stick with it.

As for seafoam, I thought it was snake oil until I tried it on the Z and a girls car. Seemed to clean things up and I swear the idle was a bit better on both. Worth the couple bucks in my opinion.

Wally 10-02-2009 12:25 PM

i too thought the sea-foam was a cleaner and not a fogger/stabilizer...

Wobble 10-02-2009 12:34 PM

Found this

How to Use SEA FOAM
In Tune-Up of Small 4 Cycle Carbureted Engine Lawn Mowers, Tillers, Edgers, Snowblowers, etc.

Start engine. If engine will not start, check spark and compression. If engine has spark and compression, pour a small amount up to 1/2 ounce into the carburetor throat. SEA FOAM will act as starting fulid and will start the engine unless there is a mechanical or electrical problem. With engine warm, keep on high idle and slowly pour one ounce through carburetor throat. Make sure exhaust is well ventilated when using in the carburetor as fumes will be extreme for a short time.
Pour 1/2 ounce to one ounce into small fuel tank and oil crackcase.
Immediate Results: Same as for large 4 cycle Autos, Trucks, Tractors, etc.
NOTE: One pint treats 8-25 gallons of gas (average one ounce per gallon) or 6-12 gallons of gas oil mix (average 2 ounces per gallon.) Does not replace oil. Use frequently.

For Small 2-Cycle Engines
Use procedure 1 of tune-up of small 4 cycle carbureted engines.
Pour 1/2 to 1 ounce into small fuel tank.
See label on can for exact detailed results for use in each area Fuel Tank-Carburetor.
NOTE: SEA FOAM does not replace 2 cycle oil.

For Engine Storage
For storage, the engine should be thoroughly saturated internally with Sea Foam. Sea Foam can be injected internally through the spark plug holes or through the carburetor with ignition off.

For Fuel Stabilization
Use 1 pint to 25 gallons or (average of 1 ounce per gallon) to stabilize and condition fuels. One pint stabilizes 25 gallons of regular, unleaded and diesel fuels.
Use 1 pint to stabilize 6-12 gallons of 2 cycle (gas-oil mix) fuels (average 2 ounce per gallon).

Wally 10-02-2009 02:24 PM

well whatyaknow! :D

FuelinAround 10-02-2009 03:33 PM

I have used seafoam on all kinds of mustangs in the past and its a great product...plus it gives you a good way to really piss off a neighbor you don't like :) n carbs we spray it in until the motor chokes down and starts to blow white smoke real well then shut it off...You can also add some to the gas tanks.

jmoore1225 10-02-2009 06:23 PM

How would you use seafoam to fogg efi's or wouldn't you?

BenPerfected 10-02-2009 07:06 PM

How does anybody know both aren't "Snake Oil"? Some years we have added nothing to the fuel and not had any issues...winter down time has been mostly 7-8 mo.

FuelinAround 10-02-2009 09:28 PM

I beleive efi calls or adding it to the fuel and if I remember correctly I saw a YouTube where they were spraying it through the mass air on vehicles

FuelinAround 10-02-2009 09:29 PM

As far as the how do we know it's not snake oil.... Guess we really don't... But why not spend some more cash on the boats lol