NASCAR Fans- Together The Hendrick Motorsports Story airs Oct 11th >

NASCAR Fans- Together The Hendrick Motorsports Story airs Oct 11th

Notices

NASCAR Fans- Together The Hendrick Motorsports Story airs Oct 11th

Old 10-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default NASCAR Fans- Together The Hendrick Motorsports Story airs Oct 11th

I attended the private showing this past Tues. Those of you who follow the sport will enjoy the movie!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
'TOGETHER: THE HENDRICK MOTORSPORTS STORY' TO AIR OCT. 11 ON ABC
THREE-TIME ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE TOM CRUISE TO NARRATE DOCUMENTARY FILM;
PORTION OF DVD & BLU-RAY PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT THE LEVINE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
CONCORD, N.C. (Sept. 2, 2009) – "TOGETHER: The Hendrick Motorsports Story," NASCAR Media Group's documentary-style film chronicling the history of the eight-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship team, will air Sunday, Oct. 11 at 1:30 p.m. ET on ABC prior to the network's Pepsi 500 race coverage from Fontana, Calif.
Narrated by three-time Academy Award nominee Tom Cruise and presented by Pepsi, "TOGETHER" employs exclusive interviews, never-before-seen archival footage, thrilling racing sequences and rare family photography to detail the personal relationships and emotional events that have shaped one of NASCAR's most decorated organizations.
The official "TOGETHER" trailer is available at www.refresheverything.com/hendrick. The Web site will feature regular updates of content from the film and provide fans the opportunity to upload video messages about their favorite Hendrick Motorsports moments. Select fan-generated clips will be shown during the Oct. 11 broadcast on ABC.
"NASCAR Media Group is honored to tell the story of one of the most successful teams in our sport's history," said Jay Abraham, chief operating officer of NASCAR Media Group. "The cooperation, access and openness of Hendrick Motorsports and the entire Hendrick family have enabled us to tell a compelling, emotional and comprehensive story that will give fans fresh insight into one of NASCAR's legendary operations. It has a powerful message that will resonate with people."
The full-length version of "TOGETHER" with bonus material will be released Oct. 31 on DVD, and it will become NASCAR Media Group's first officially licensed title available on Blu-ray Disc. A portion of Hendrick Motorsports' proceeds from those sales will benefit the Levine Children's Hospital (www.levinechildrenshospital.org) in Charlotte, N.C.
"When we started the team back in 1984, our pie in the sky was to eventually, someday win a race," said Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports. "Any success beyond that has been because of the folks who have worked so hard and supported us over our 25 years. We've been extremely fortunate, and I hope the film is something they will be proud of."
Cruise, an auto racing enthusiast who starred in the 1990 NASCAR-themed motion picture "Days of Thunder," completed the narration work for "TOGETHER: The Hendrick Motorsports Story" in Los Angeles last month. The script was co-written by Emmy Award winners Shawn Truax and Ray Didinger.
Film director Rory Karpf has spearheaded such projects as the Dale Earnhardt biopic "DALE," now the best-selling sports DVD in history, and the critically acclaimed "Ride of Their Lives." The NASCAR Media Group production team responsible for "TOGETHER: The Hendrick Motorsports Story" earned back-to-back Sports Emmy Awards in 2006 and 2007 for "Beyond the Wheel" and "Quest for the Cup."
ABOUT NASCAR MEDIA GROUP:
NASCAR Media Group (NMG) is NASCAR's media, marketing, and entertainment company that creates and produces programming related to the sport, manages its media partnerships, and forges relationships to integrate NASCAR into mainstream entertainment. Projects developed by NMG include award-winning television programs and theatrical releases, such as the acclaimed biopic "DALE," which aired on Country Music Television (CMT) following a theatrical release in NASCAR race markets; "Quest for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup," an Emmy Award-winning television series offering a fast-paced, up-close HD look at the 12 drivers competing in NASCAR's playoffs; "NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience"; and "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby." Earlier this year, in partnership with BET, NASCAR Media Group announced the development of a new program, "Changing Lanes," which will spotlight up and coming drivers and those supporting them behind the scenes.
ABOUT HENDRICK MOTORSPORTS:
Since 1984 Hendrick Motorsports has earned 12 championships in NASCAR's top three divisions and 183 victories in the sanctioning body's premier series, the Sprint Cup. The organization, which currently is celebrating its 25th anniversary season, fields four full-time Chevrolet teams on the Sprint Cup Series circuit with drivers Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Headquartered in Concord, N.C., Hendrick Motorsports employs more than 500 people.
For more information about Hendrick Motorsports, please visit www.HendrickMotorsports.com, www.facebook.com/HendrickMotorsports and www.twitter.com/HendrickInfo.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool thanks for the heads up. Just finished a project with one of the Nascar outfits down there. Are you with Hendrick?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Registered

I am 16yrs & counting!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
I am 16yrs & counting!
Geez, it's so hard to like you until you switch to a better team.

But, at least I will watch the movie.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Registered

Everyone has a favorite, it's probably best for the sport we don't all root for the same team!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL - Good stuff! Thanks for the heads up
Old 10-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned

Talking

I will be watching that

Go #48
Old 10-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Everyone has a favorite, it's probably best for the sport we don't all root for the same team!

Very True! There would be four cars in the series, the chase, and at the banquet.

Watching a Jimmy Johnson interview on Speed as I type. Gotta tell you I would love to see Mark Martin get this deal this year, he is one class act. Nothing would be better than the old school guy puttin' it to the young guns.

P.S. I May Not Be Mrs. Right ???????? Fill in please, can't make out the small print.
Mark Martin and Jimmy Johnson interview on now, see ya!

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 10-02-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:31 PM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Good luck with all your cars. But I have to go with Mark too, he really deserves this. Take care Michael
Old 10-02-2009, 10:12 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=RaggedEdge;2965252]

P.S. I May Not Be Mrs. Right ???????? Fill in please, can't make out the small print.
QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails NASCAR Fans- Together The Hendrick Motorsports Story airs Oct 11th-mrs-right.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.