Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
27 fever worth the boat payment>? >

27 fever worth the boat payment>?

Notices

27 fever worth the boat payment>?

Old 10-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27 fever worth the boat payment>?

Hello all,
Looking for input on fountains 27 fever, I am considering taking the plunge and upgrading as my little checkmate is a bit to small for erie and lacks alot of the things id really like to have. Im just on the fence about a bigger boat payment(mine is tiny now and only for a few years), The bigger cuddy would also be key in keeping the old lady happy for over nighting at the islands and such, Just looking for input from owners and previous owners. Or option B tabs,Stand up bolsters and new style controls for the mate, but at the end of the day its still a small boat i guess......o and id definatly be looking for one in the mid 20's price range so it would be a bit older
Old 10-03-2009, 08:12 PM
KN
Registered

What size is your Checkmate? If its a 25' Convincer thats the same size if not bigger than a 27' Fountain. If you have 25 grand to spend there are a lot of nice boats out there it's a buyers market. There is a really nice 25' Checkmate in the classifieds, I looked at a 27' Carrera a month ago it was in excellent condition and was going back to test drive it and it sold It could have been bought for $25,000. There has been a 28'Sunsation on EBAY for a while. There is a 28' Saber in the classifieds. Just be patient there are a lot of good deals outthere. Good luck
Old 10-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered

Paul, contact Lightspeed here on the board. He has a 27 progression and a 29 progession for sale. Ones a stand up and the other is a sit down. Both in your price range! The 27 he has is on the progression boat website. Blue with twins on it.

EDIT:
Also a 30 superboat temptest with twin 250's
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=196212
Old 10-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Registered

Default ......

thanks for the input guys. Its a 95 235 persuader 454mag bravo, I love the powertrain and its a pretty fast hull when its flat, but anything bigger then 1-3's and im gettin beat to death. only 19 degrees of deadrise i think. I hate the sit down seats i constantly seem to bounce up and land on my balls hurts like hell. Also i dont have tabs ,witch i understand it was on a inland lake and they were never needed as it plans at 2800. But it would be nice to be able to force the bow down in some chop for a better ride. O and the ****ty stock merc controls that i hate around the dock. Im just on the fence as to invest this money into this boat that i will never get back, or just take it and buy a bigger boat that suits my needs. I should be fair to the old girl though she only has 180 orginal hours on her and really does look like new, guy before me just waxed it...............heres a pic i put on craigslist for ****s and giggles
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/boa/1397496681.html
Old 10-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Registered

o and its a 23 minus the built in swim deck so its actually a 21
Old 10-04-2009, 03:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Checkmate nice boat I'd step up to the Fountain the others mentioned are not even in the same league
Are you on crack? Progression's make checkmates look like cardboard boxes glued together by an autistic four year old
Old 10-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Are you on crack? Progression's make checkmates look like cardboard boxes glued together by an autistic four year old
NO HE IS TALKING ABOUT THE PROGRESSION 27/ 29 AND SUPERBOAT30Y2K OVER THE FOUNTAIN, sorry I like fountains but a 27 will not hang with a 30sb in real rough water in the cape cod race you could see the 29 fountain in f1 running a lot slower than the long island boats the fountain was running as fast as I was and I lost a bolster seat haaha. and the 27 is a 24ft boat minus the beak and swimplatform 22 OR 23 DEGREE HULL long island has 4 of the best rough water boats in the sb, progression,activator, and one other one I forget later art
Old 10-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

27' (24' really) Fountian for Erie? Please either save your money for something bigger or pick up one of those other boats mentioned.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:06 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't be happy until you get at or over the 30' mark. Everything smaller is gonna get your azz kicked. Good luck on getting $18K for a 21' I hope your not counting that into your $25k for your next boat? There's alot of great deals out there now, economy and end of season, great time to buy, lousey time to sell. Good luck and take your time.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

on lake erie, bigger is better... theres a lot of boats available. maybe a scarab or something would be in your price range...as far as size and the vee angle...I have a friend who has a 23 nova 20 degree I have a 25 nova 24 degree vee, 2' difference, the 23 has more hp than the 25, but as soon as it kicks up I can run circles around it. nothing aginst fountains, but the first time you come back from the bay in 5 footers I think your going to be wishing for more boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.