Like Tree0Likes

good paint and glass repair in western MI?

Reply
Old 10-07-2009, 11:19 PM
  #31
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarman View Post
Kinda wondered from your first post but was unsure.

How are you and your pops doing??

Working on his boat or yours?

Haven't talked to either of you in some time, let him know I said hi.



Jon
We're both doing well, I've got an Erick Jr and a wife now so I can't spend as much money on toys.

We're both getting work done, he's getting his strips redone and I'm getting my hull blueprinted. Its got a couple nasty rockers and hooks in it, someone add a rocker to it for some reason. I'm hoping to get my boat a custom paint job but that might have to wait. I'd love a mitcher paint job but $$$.

I'll let him know you said hi, we were just talking about you actually. When you gonna get that barge floating?
DisturbedVelo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 AM
  #32
Registered
 
cougarman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1986 Cougar US-1 46'
Posts: 2,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedVelo22 View Post
We're both doing well, I've got an Erick Jr and a wife now so I can't spend as much money on toys.

We're both getting work done, he's getting his strips redone and I'm getting my hull blueprinted. Its got a couple nasty rockers and hooks in it, someone add a rocker to it for some reason. I'm hoping to get my boat a custom paint job but that might have to wait. I'd love a mitcher paint job but $$$.

I'll let him know you said hi, we were just talking about you actually. When you gonna get that barge floating?

Congrats,................

As to the barge it's getting pretty close,........was hoping that other guy that lives near you would beat me out for the maiden voyage



Jon
cougarman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:13 PM
  #33
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarman View Post
Congrats,................

As to the barge it's getting pretty close,........was hoping that other guy that lives near you would beat me out for the maiden voyage



Jon
You mean Jimmy? Has hell frozen over? I hadn't gotten the memo.
DisturbedVelo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:10 PM
  #34
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUE C Q View Post
Just a mention seeing that Art K & Tim G are going to be doing my tanks on my 24 Skater and most of you know both of them from what i hear Jon - COUGARMAN , Rick , Disturbed Velo 22 & Nykamp , when i talk with them this Sat i will mention all the good things you said about them as far as a refferal goes and to tell you the truth i remember artie telling me about Jim how he bit*hed about Jon takeing so long on getting his Sonic back in the water or artie telling me about how Rick V took his boat to Bowkers Fiberglass repair and bi*ched about the repair on his transom and having to add more glass to it when it was done which is and to think some of you guys here know Tim and Art who have most likely done more major repairs because of there experience from working at Skater and are in your own backyard and most likely can give you a better price then any one on a job . Jon i have to say that when artie was showing me the pics of the Doc's Cougar he talked nothing but good thing's about you and i guess he really never knew that you and him were not that good of friends but he will know now . I guess this is a tell all thing and Artie just laughs about Jim B for the pure fact that I THINK YOU ALL KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT , HA HA HA HA
Who are you and what the hell are you talking about? Who said anything bad about Artie? I can guarantee you have no idea who I am. Rick V's cig was covered in overspray, the job done was $hit, among other issues that I'm not talking about. Did you see the boat when it was done sue c q? I didn't think so.
DisturbedVelo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 AM
  #35
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
glassdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: toledo oh
My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum
Posts: 12,667
Default

. . . I'm with you, wtf? and now that rants deleted?
__________________
Throttles- Cleveland Construction 377 Talon
08 OPA Class 1 National Champion
08 Class 1 Geico Triple Crown Champion
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
glassdave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:47 AM
  #36
Registered
 
cougarman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1986 Cougar US-1 46'
Posts: 2,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUE C Q View Post
Originally Posted by SUE C Q
Just a mention seeing that Art K & Tim G are going to be doing my tanks on my 24 Skater and most of you know both of them from what i hear Jon - COUGARMAN , Rick , Disturbed Velo 22 & Nykamp , when i talk with them this Sat i will mention all the good things you said about them as far as a refferal goes and to tell you the truth i remember artie telling me about Jim how he bit*hed about Jon takeing so long on getting his Sonic back in the water or artie telling me about how Rick V took his boat to Bowkers Fiberglass repair and bi*ched about the repair on his transom and having to add more glass to it when it was done which is and to think some of you guys here know Tim and Art who have most likely done more major repairs because of there experience from working at Skater and are in your own backyard and most likely can give you a better price then any one on a job . Jon i have to say that when artie was showing me the pics of the Doc's Cougar he talked nothing but good thing's about you and i guess he really never knew that you and him were not that good of friends but he will know now . I guess this is a tell all thing and Artie just laughs about Jim B for the pure fact that I THINK YOU ALL KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT , HA HA HA HA


Artie,...........why are you writing UNDER COVER ??

As far as the Pictures of Doc's Cougar and not telling you had nothing to do with friendship. Doc asked I keep a secrete and I did as he asked. You should resect that,..not be affended by it.

Take care my friend

Jon
cougarman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:49 AM
  #37
Registered
 
cougarman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1986 Cougar US-1 46'
Posts: 2,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedVelo22 View Post
Who are you and what the hell are you talking about? Who said anything bad about Artie? I can guarantee you have no idea who I am. Rick V's cig was covered in overspray, the job done was $hit, among other issues that I'm not talking about. Did you see the boat when it was done sue c q? I didn't think so.


Art's wife is Sue,.............hence the name.



Jon
cougarman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 PM
  #38
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 203
Default

I took a picture of that skater Artie was talking about, pretty nice.

DisturbedVelo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 PM
  #39
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
KAAMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Western Michigan
My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!
Posts: 4,329
Default

After all these years, I kinda expected to see the old "SAVAGE" (38' Cougar) in the water this past summer. At least I thought that was the talk at one point last year somewhere on this forum. Heck, as far as I remember that boat the way it was....was never too far out as far as being ready for the water. I'd love to see that old boat on the water again...been waitin' all these years.
KAAMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:53 PM
  #40
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAAMA View Post
After all these years, I kinda expected to see the old "SAVAGE" (38' Cougar) in the water this past summer. At least I thought that was the talk at one point last year somewhere on this forum. Heck, as far as I remember that boat the way it was....was never too far out as far as being ready for the water. I'd love to see that old boat on the water again...been waitin' all these years.
jim seems to be a bit of a perfectionist. I don't think it will see the water until it is better than it was brand new. Plus he seems to enjoy bombing around under the radar in the woody.
DisturbedVelo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.