Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
good paint and glass repair in western MI? >

good paint and glass repair in western MI?

Notices

good paint and glass repair in western MI?

Old 10-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good paint and glass repair in western MI?

I need the pad on my boat blueprinted and my Dad wants his stripes repainted and some minor repair on his cig. Any recommendations? Does Mitcher T do glass work?
Old 10-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DisturbedVelo22
I need the pad on my boat blueprinted and my Dad wants his stripes repainted and some minor repair on his cig. Any recommendations? Does Mitcher T do glass work?
I would just call him, but I don't think he does glass work. There is a guy I used this year who is really good, but, he's over here on the Eastside, near Algonac.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I thought that I read a post that Sunsation Powerboats was doing glass work.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

MitcherT does not do glass work---he specializes in aritistic paint work (for boats) and he is extremely good at it!

There is a guy named Martin Bowker of Bowker Fiberglass who can blueprint your hull....he can do some painting, but nothing too flashy---his specialty is fiberglass repair and he is does very well with that, but I do not think he does any vacumn bagging with his repairs. He is located in Zeeland, Michigan which is just out side of Holland. Martin's cell phone is 616-218-1683

If you want vacumn bagging, then you may have to look on the East side of the state, but I cannot remember right off who does it over there.

Last edited by KAAMA; 10-03-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
MitcherT does not do glass work---he specializes in aritistic paint work (for boats) and he is extremely good at it!

There is a guy named Martin Bowker of Bowker Fiberglass who can blueprint your hull....he can do some painting, but nothing too flashy---his specialty is fiberglass repair and he is does very well with that, but I do not think he does any vacumn bagging with his repairs. He is located in Zeeland, Michigan which is just out side of Holland. Martin's cell phone is 616-218-1683

If you want vacumn bagging, then you may have to look on the East side of the state, but I cannot remember right off who does it over there.
my dad had a bad experience with mr bowker a few years back.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DisturbedVelo22
Call Capt Nabbers
Old 10-04-2009, 08:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

pm glassdave here on the board, he is in Toledo. he painted my tiger when someone else F'd it up, and he is redoing my 20 cig.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA

Martin did some nice work on my Fountain a few years ago.
ed
Old 10-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Registered

Chris Mills at Extreme Body Works in Holland: http://www.kustompaintedboats.com/index.html
or:
Michael Evenhouse Yacht Restorations :
(616) 392-2592
241 W Lakewood Blvd, Holland, MI 49424
Shop is the bldg at the right in front of Lakewood Storage.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by woogie
Chris Mills at Extreme Body Works in Holland: http://www.kustompaintedboats.com/index.html
or:
Michael Evenhouse Yacht Restorations :
(616) 392-2592
241 W Lakewood Blvd, Holland, MI 49424
Shop is the bldg at the right in front of Lakewood Storage.

Chris is right over by me, and has done a lot of nice work for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.