Thanks regarding Straitjacket >

Thanks regarding Straitjacket

Notices

Thanks regarding Straitjacket

Old 10-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks regarding Straitjacket

I'd like to thank OSO and its members for their kind thoughts and condolences. Brian (Straitjacket) was sent off in a grand manner (which included bike clubs, boat clubs, natrualist clubs and old friends). I'd like to thank all the members that came to the wake and funeral procession and we're very sorry about having to wait to get into the lot for the wake. It gives us a lot of comfort to know our son of 37 years affected so many people as the numbers of people in attendance attested.

Thanks again,

Brian Miller
Old 10-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarrab30
I'd like to thank OSO and its members for their kind thoughts and condolences. Brian (Straitjacket) was sent off in a grand manner (which included bike clubs, boat clubs, natrualist clubs and old friends). I'd like to thank all the members that came to the wake and funeral procession and we're very sorry about having to wait to get into the lot for the wake. It gives us a lot of comfort to know our son of 37 years affected so many people as the numbers of people in attendance attested.

Thanks again,

Brian Miller
Once again We are so SORRY for your loss.

Joby & Kim
Old 10-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the terrible loss. What a great spirit(and OSO poster)
Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scarrab 30 Brian, I'm sure you know much your son was loved and liked by so many of us. He was truely a guy that would give you the shirt off his back, and I know he did on so many occasions to whom ever needed it.
I hope you know that the same kind of generosity that Brian gave us, will be given back to you at any time of your needing. Don't ever hesitate to call any one of us if there's anything that you might need any help with. Even so much as to ask our opinions, or just plain BS. You will always be one of the "boys".

Words can't describe how terrible we all felt about this tradgedy, and I know when I think about it, I still have a lump in my throat.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 10-26-2009, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I'm going to try hard to be an even BADDER influence now! Already got another tattoo...Michelle is gettin' worried....
Old 10-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scarrab30

Thanks again,

Brian Miller
Brian,
I never knew Brian, but I can tell what a huge part of offshore he was in this area. I'm the organizer for the Michigan City SBI race and it seems he had a pretty good time here this summer. I'd like to work something into the race this coming August to pay tribute to Brian. Whether it's you dropping the flag in the pace boat in his honor or a memorial fun run or something.
Message me or email me at [email protected] or call at 219.872.5055 if you want and we can chat.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Jason - amazingly enough, we have already broached the topic. We were thinking of doing a memorial run from either Hammond or East Chicago to Michigan City for both boats AND bikes some time next summer. It'd be REALLY cool if we could work it in with the races... I've got your number, I'll ring you up after the winter.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Jason - amazingly enough, we have already broached the topic. We were thinking of doing a memorial run from either Hammond or East Chicago to Michigan City for both boats AND bikes some time next summer. It'd be REALLY cool if we could work it in with the races... I've got your number, I'll ring you up after the winter.
Mike, if you put that together, we will haul the Super up and make that run even if it's in 10 footers! If we can do anything to help make it happen, please let me know!

I had the opportunity to talk to Sr this evening. We just had a good enjoyable talk about Brian . I'm glad I called him since we didn't get to go to the funeral. I'm starting to understand that I should not have missed the funeral procession though!
Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

thought we were going down to camp !!!!???

Last edited by obnoxus; 10-27-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Sounds like the makings of the Commemorative StraightJacket Style Cannonball Run. I like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.