Poly-Planar Floating Remote !! >

Poly-Planar Floating Remote !!

Notices

Poly-Planar Floating Remote !!

Old 04-08-2002, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Poly-Planar Floating Remote !!

Hey Audiofn, FWK, etc....what's the opinion on the new Poly-planar am/fm/cd and the wireless remote that also floats? This seems to be a really good option to have if a new stereo is needed. Is there anyone else that makes a wireless floating remote for their radios?
Old 04-08-2002, 10:35 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not seen that one. I am more into the hard wired remotes. IR can be problematic at times in the sunlight.

Jon
Old 04-09-2002, 07:53 AM
FWK

I have just received my new pricing from polyplanar. I did not see the remote on the sheet. I am placing a order with them today and will ask them for more info. The only problem I see with Polyplanar is the cost for the head unit and changer are quite high as compared to other manufacturers. They did not send any info to show me why the equipment would have such a high price. Thanks Forrest

Old 04-09-2002, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Their cost was high for the head, BUT it was TOTALLY waterproof!
No cover required. The wireless remote was only $49.99 & floats. Model # MRR-1 The wired remotes were $100.00 !!
This product (if it works) would be great because-no holes in the boat as well as low cost & only 1 required....wired remotes 1 at helm, 1 at stern.....that's 200.00 & would make up the cost of the head. Let us know Forrest & Audiofn !
Old 04-09-2002, 05:21 PM
FWK

The cost of the units are high in comparison to other equipment. I spoke to PolyPlanar today and they do have some unique features. The equipment is sealed. The other features are you can wire 2 remotes together into a headunit and the wireless remote functions through the wired remotes. The wired remotes also have amic built in so you can talk through the sound system.(i don't understand the purpose for this)You can also run the vhf through the headunit. They have fixed and variable outputs. High power speaker level output. They did not say how much range the IR remote has in direct sunlight. I am going to order one to try and see how it works out. If anyone needs pricing I will be glad to provide it. I hope this answers some of the questions. You can e-mai me @ [email protected]
Forrest