Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who Beats or Runs their Boat like it owes them money ? >

Who Beats or Runs their Boat like it owes them money ?

Notices

Who Beats or Runs their Boat like it owes them money ?

Old 10-28-2015, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts
Default Who Beats or Runs their Boat like it owes them money ?

I personally know someone on this forum that beats and runs his Topgun like I used to run every boat I owned

Like I Stole it .

If it is not running 2-3 solid or better and balls out than don't go out .

Full Force is on Board . Phragle will hang it out .

We are not talking 178 mph on Lake Boring where a Flatbottom will Smoke your azz on aceleration and over all MPH

We are talking some rough 2-3 muniumum

Preferably 3-5

Lets hear it
Old 10-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 96 Posts

Kristy and I run Unleashed (and any motorized toy) like its made to be run! Whatever it takes to bring a smile to our faces!

"Never Throttle Back"!

But there is a difference between running hard and just plain abusing equipment. Utilizing a high performance vehicle to its full potential is not "beating" on it.

More videos to come soon

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ser-video.html

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 10-28-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:03 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Kristy and I run Unleashed (and any motorized toy) like its made to be run! Whatever it takes to bring a smile to our faces!

"Never Throttle Back"!

But there is a difference between running hard and just plain abusing equipment. Utilizing a high performance vehicle to its full potential is not "beating" on it.

More videos to come soon

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ser-video.html
Nice Vid but I don't see many 3 to 5 s in it

Tired of all these Hi- Speed claims in offshore boats while they are in flat calms .
Old 10-29-2015, 12:33 AM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 96 Posts

That's because she eats them up ;-)

Love playing in the rough and if it's calm we enjoy starting from the back of the pack and working our way up. Running through 40-50 boat wakes at 90-110 is a blast!

But I understand and agree!

I am lucky to have a few friends that like to hang it all out also!

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 10-29-2015 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

I never turn back on the rough days. Running the inner coastal is boring and not why I got a boat.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use to have a 17' boat with about 4' of flat bottom from the transom forward. It ran 70-75 mph most of the boating around here is 2-3. I'd run that thing wide open from the time it left the trailor til the time it went back on. Although sometimes I had to slow down to let all the water pump out of the boat. It was definately a summer only boat. I'm surprised I never broke it in half because we torpedoed it all the time and had 3-4' walls of water coming over the windshield. I used to love pulling up next to guys in there big offshore boats and fly by them (literally).
Old 10-29-2015, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i know a few that run them like they should be run. if you build them to run in big water, better go out in the big water. lol. when running a good boat hard it is not beating on it. btw cruiser's are for claim water.

todd

Last edited by baronmarine; 10-29-2015 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Use it but don't abuse it.

I'll be straight here -- it drives me crazy to see what some people have been blessed with only to watch them beat the living snot out of it. I've seen it with cars, boats, homes etc. We have a summer home in Michigan and our neighbor has most of the toys -- He first purchased a speed boat (brand new searay) to pull skiers -- first weekend ripped the prop off and broke the skeg. Got that fixed. Now the skeg is cracked and the prop is bent. Our lake is a mud bottom -- can't understand what he could have hit. The boat is NEVER covered, mold everywhere, the hull has never been cleaned and then he complains to the marina that it doesn't start or run well. Then his pontoon boat -- this is his second one in about 10 years. The prior one was purchased new- but got so damaged from neglect that he had to sell it. There were 3 batteries in the boat - because they would go dead and instead of charging would simply go out and buy another one-- they went dead because he left the radio on... but he never took the old battery out of the boat -- too much work. The mold on the engine cover is gross. It is a Honda and it looks like a Mercury -- that's how black it is. Their kids spill pop in the boat, on the seats- but he never hoses it down. Now the plywood is starting to delaminate - It's better than watching TV

Now here I am. Our boat is on a lift, with a cover. We put the mooring covers on when not being used. I pull the boat out at least 2-3 /season and give it a good wax. The carpets (while old) are clean. If we spill something we clean it up. engine maintenance is by the book -- am I anal retentive - You Betcha -- and proud of it! Do I run the boat-- absolutely - but do I beat the snot out of it- trying to break it -- NO WAY JOSE!

3pointstar
Old 10-29-2015, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 1,323 Likes on 739 Posts

Wait you mean boats are meant to be put in water! I think I have forgotten what that is like.

Not mine, it stays on the trailer away from that acid salt water,,,,,,,, why would I subject it to that stuff!
Old 10-29-2015, 07:58 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Some don't have any choice but to run in the chop. Running my PP there's usually chop & bigger in Long Island Sound, with the exception of the dog days of August then it's like that lake out west everyone tools around on. For me and my wife, when it was calm out it was a bore, sometimes we'd turn around if we weren't going anywhere specific. The PP woke up in the chop then it was fun...when did I consider throttling back to "preserve" it? Who knows, everyone has their limits but if I'm taking water over the bow or in danger of stuffing you're darn right my sack gets smaller and I head back, I don't have deep pockets so if I break something big I'm done for the year. True steep hard hitting 5's in a 33'...ain't gonna be running 70 in that stuff, when there's 5's then there's 6-8' holes around...sorry, not on my boat and I don't mind saying that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.