Notices

paging GlassDave !!!!

Old 04-07-2002, 09:07 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default paging GlassDave !!!!

hey man did you see my post about the yellowing in my top deck?any advice would be great!!!!
Thanks Don
Old 04-07-2002, 09:43 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

i must'a missed it ,is it in tech or gen.dis. . . whats the prob. . . . . i'll look for it in the mean time
Old 04-07-2002, 09:47 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Dave its in techQ&a...
Old 04-07-2002, 09:56 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

ok . . i just saw it in tech . ..is the boat all original gell or has it been painted at all .. . . i will be back on line in about an hour an i will elaborate on what i think it is . . .i have seen it an my friends 42 ss . . gotta jump offline for a bit . .
Old 04-08-2002, 12:29 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

to old- my best guess is that because that part of the hull may have an excessively thick area of gel ( comon with areas like that when spraying gel in the mold). that combined with the fact that it is under the swim platform where it is constantly expanding and contracting because of exhaust outlets being in there too. just a guess though with out lookin at it. hows that project come'n along by the way. and did you ever get your fairing taken care of on the skater.

dyno- well the first thing is that the flouresent light will bring out the very worst in any finish especially gel. if the boat is all gel still than i would have to guess that they are previous repairs that are just fading differently than the rest of the boat.if that is the case than, unfortunatly, you wont be able to do much about it. a friend of mine has a 42ss and it is the same way.i buffed on this thing forever and it just got marginaly better if at all. as gel gets older it just hits a point when you hafta bite the bullet and paint it. ultra violet rays are hell on boats. and its certainly not un comon to fade spoty like that either. also keep in mind that you will probably not view your boat under those type of light conditions much . what is it in the graphics shop for by the way?
Old 04-08-2002, 12:40 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

oh by the way . . sorry if i'm the bearer of bad news but i always try to be a pretty strait shooter with advice. . . an gel is just a pain to keep up on most of the time . . .
Old 04-08-2002, 03:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TooOld........by the way......How did you make out looking for a spray gun and such. It sounds like you are ready to have some fun?

Bob
Old 04-08-2002, 08:42 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Thanks for the info Dave....dosent sound like I'm going to be able to buff it out but I'll hit it anyway. The boat is all gell right now but the grafix are real dated, a friend owns a grafix company so he's updating them for me starting today!!!!It had the standard two stripes on the hull sides and the top deck, when its done it will be three on the sides, top stripe will be blue and bottom two will be red then the stars will be kind of blowing off the blue and across the top deck....I'm going to change all the decals to match and the dash panels will be changed and the bezels painted red. Should be real cool when its done I'll posts some pictures.
Old 04-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Powder coat the bezels on the guages! One you get addicted on PC, you will not quit!
Old 04-08-2002, 08:56 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

can you powder coat plastic????

Quick Reply: paging GlassDave !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.