Notices

Bravo drives

Old 10-22-2009, 02:36 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by paul235
yea im bad enough at it as it is...just slap one of those puppies on and ill really hit some ****
You are way misinformed.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

i imagine those could make docking interesting........

Ive driven both, the ASD's dock no different than my #6 set up...there is alot of wrong information out there. They also get up on plane just as good once set up properly with the correct props and can handle more hp and torqe than the NXT set up. Less parts easier to fix just not nearly as many repair shops as the big Monopoly co. These drive are used mainly over seas.. where we are brain washed that Merc. is the only co. to buy. I'm glad Ilmor and a few other co.s came on board.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

RIK,

What kind of power loss does the bravo kits have compared to a Bravo?
Old 10-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jassman
Ive driven both, the ASD's dock no different than my #6 set up...there is alot of wrong information out there. They also get up on plane just as good once set up properly with the correct props and can handle more hp and torqe than the NXT set up. Less parts easier to fix just not nearly as many repair shops as the big Monopoly co. These drive are used mainly over seas.. where we are brain washed that Merc. is the only co. to buy. I'm glad Ilmor and a few other co.s came on board.
Thanks Jassman, I am really looking for a boat that when I go out I know I will make it back under my own power.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
RIK,

What kind of power loss does the bravo kits have compared to a Bravo?
The kits have a loss (including transmission) of less than 15 hp. A stock Bravo B1 has a 39 hp loss.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

o no doubt way less moving parts i bet they are reliable as hell. Can they make the same angles as a stock b1>? I thought they only have a small range of steering movement>? Thats why i figured they would suck around docks.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
The kits have a loss (including transmission) of less than 15 hp. A stock Bravo B1 has a 39 hp loss.
I have always wondered then why don't we see more of these. I think when my Bravo's go that I will look into this kit. It seems to me in the 80's to early 90's surface drives like ASD's and Karma? were more popular.

As for around the dock, on my twin when I am docking I use the shift levers, and the wife on the back
Old 10-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Registered

Lightbulb

o no doubt way less moving parts i bet they are reliable as hell. Can they make the same angles as a stock b1>? I thought they only have a small range of steering movement>? Thats why i figured they would suck around docks.

Buddy of mine had a 28' Jones offshore hull back in the early 80's with a single 460 BBF twin turbo deal and Arneson bronze drive.It performed really well , and docking wasn't too bad considering being a single engined boat.Try docking a V-drive cruiser in reverse ,then you'd appreciate an Arneson or Kaama drive.
Never been in a twin Arneson boat , but I imagine it would be no different from a twin Bravo boat using the sticks only at the dock.I've built my46" RC boat back in 1980 inspired by my friend's boat "Putt Putt" Had to build my ASD drive ,since noone in the hobby shops had them at that time.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Registered

That RC boat is pretty cool, any Video's
Old 10-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Registered

ran the boat on some lakes back in the ol' days when I didn't have a movie camera . Hopefully next season I'll take some.Me and my son playing with electric helis now a days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siprRZWkxYQ

Last edited by spectras only; 10-22-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.