Where are all the Hydra Tech's? >

Where are all the Hydra Tech's?

Notices

Where are all the Hydra Tech's?

Old 10-19-2009, 09:31 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it's an 88. The cabin was taken out completely. The controls are between the front 2 seats for left seat throttle man. The rear seats table ect where removed. The engine compartment bulkhead was moved forward and now has 3 seats across the back. Everything not needed was striped out. Then they built the windshield and engine hatch.

I bought it without engines. I had a set of 580hp 468's in it and got 94mph out of it at 5400 rpm's. This winter it's getting a redo. 468's are for sale by the way. So are the drives.

Just started building a pair of 540's which should come in at 650-700hp. Stellings 12" boxes, HP Gimbles, and Imco Extreem SC drives with -2 shorties. Might move the engines forward a bit? Depends on the balance.

I'd like to do the windshield over, it has a few stress cracks in the frame. The dash is getting a total new gauge package. I'll start a thread when it gets going. I'd really like to see some more of these cats pics and ideas for paint and graphics.Thanks to all. Keep em coming, please!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Sounds like a great project. I know I like hearing about how performance boaters did this, or did that, in order gain mph, handling, ect. Sounds great, I hope it all comes together for you, keep us (me) informed.

Stephen
Old 10-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
Yes sir.

He raced anyone that would run him. Won some, lost some, had fun all the time. I miss those days....
I raced your dad in the c and d canal.....what a blast....I remember seeing that boat all the time growing up
Old 10-24-2009, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SLINGSHOT
I raced your dad in the c and d canal.....what a blast....I remember seeing that boat all the time growing up
What type of boat did you have? Did it have a name? How many years ago was that? He would race anyone, i am sure he appreciated the shot. Wonder if I was there that day...
Old 10-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
What type of boat did you have? Did it have a name? How many years ago was that? He would race anyone, i am sure he appreciated the shot. Wonder if I was there that day...

2002 38 hustler blue and yellow "get naked" that boat was wicked fast for the age..... i still got him though .....not many boats did get him though

one boat that was wicked fast was scoundrel on the delaware.....sutphen huge HP
Old 10-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think everyone raced the hairy canary at one point...lol. I also remember seeing that boat all the time growing up in the area. what ever happened to that magnum ??
Old 10-29-2009, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

2002 38 hustler blue and yellow "get naked" that boat was wicked fast for the age..... i still got him though .....not many boats did get him though

We raced the guy that has Scoundrel (I think his name is Quint) when he had his blower motor 30' Velocity on the Delaware up by Tullytown cove (and at other times), and my father was out by himself when he raced that 34' Sutphen. That guy liked to race and so did my father.

I was with my father one day when we raced a 38' Slingshot just north of the Rancocas Creek we out out accelerated the Hustler, but it came on by, not by much be we stayed in it long enough so there was no doubt, I would guess the difference was 2 mph, it was a tight race, but the Hustler was faster.

Another time, I was driving one afternoon, and tried to run a 38 Hustler coming north on the Elk not far from Turkey Point, I didn't get in it early enough, and the Hustler had a head of steam and came on by, and I could not run him down. I was too easy, and should have nailed it much earlier. Oh well.

He did beat a 38' Slingshot one day heading south out the canal, I would guess that 38' was an 82 mph boat, we did not walk away too hard that time.

And that's just three or four I remember, and there were the days I wasn't in the boat. And he raced a 38' Slinshot with Arnesons in the Phantom, I drove in the fast race, my father in the second. That's all I can remember.

Which one are you? Your boat may be another in addition to what I mentioned above.

That Magnum is in Brick Twp., NJ it went home (it was originally from that area). Barnegat Bay boat now, the owner is a good guy, I like him. My father was glad to see it went to someone who always liked the boat.

Last edited by Smarty; 10-29-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The scoundrel runs over 115 mph (GPS).
I know the guy who built the engines. Pulls like a MO-FO.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:50 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
I think everyone raced the hairy canary at one point...lol. I also remember seeing that boat all the time growing up in the area. what ever happened to that magnum ??
Sittin' pretty today:

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-31-2009, 07:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tim,

That's a nice quality picture, meaning, all the pictures our family has of the boat were not that sharp/clear.

I miss that boat, the Phantom is great, but that Magnum has personality (if an object can have a human characteristic this boat does). It just loved cruising easy, and going fast regardless of the water conditions (within reason).

Still one of THE cleanest Magnums on the planet.

Last edited by Smarty; 11-01-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling error

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.