Notices

Boat shopping help

Old 10-26-2009, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
It's nearly impossible to get financing on any high performance boat now.
You are kind of correct, I think because of the values dropping on the used and new boats it is harder to get a loan on the whole amount like in the past people are up side down in the loans because the got a loan for the whole amount and now want to sell for the whole note. I keep hearing this but find this a little un true, yes banks have really tightned up the loans but I had no trouble getting pre aproved to shop had the answer within 24 hours but just taking my time. But before I sold mine I wanted to make sure I could get aproved for another with all the crack downs on loans. The banks are doing things different there loaning to people that should get loans not if you have a heart beat. And now they are looking at the true value of the boat.

Last edited by sunsation96; 10-26-2009 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

finally got out and looked at a few boats, one round trip plane ride and 600 miles on the rental car in 2 days, got to get in a few days with friends too after. saw some nice boats, lots to think about, here were my impressions
33 powerplay-love the lines and old school style, straightest glasswork on hull, clean rigging job, very solid looking, cockpit ok, not my favorite, cabin roomy but NO headroom, seating in cabin only good for laying on in my opinion
30 cig mystique-great look and lines, i still love cig designs, best cockpit/dash look and feel, cabin layout so/so, soild build and rigging, NO headroom
31ss sonic-can ALMOST sit straight up in cabin, lot more room than other previous 2, like the pull out center cushion, cockpit layout good, style so/so, boat look and style ok but not my favorite, seems to be good solid build, also like the walk around
28 pantera-no show
i have previously looked at
33avs scarab-like the lines, cockpit looks/layout ok, cabin layout ok, its been a while but i think i could sit upright on the benches
33zx donzi-definately most room in cabin, my wife could stand up, good room in cockpit due to wide beam, like the looks and lines but it doesnt have that "sleek" look, more like a cruiser

this is going to be a tough call, i still need to look at a 32a/t, it seems its going to be a game of tradeoffs, i really want to be able to sit in the cabin, i want the "look" i like, havent seen both in the same package. roomiest is def. donzi then sonic, wife likes both. still open to suggestions if anyone has any. maybe i should be looking at cig cafe? only prob i want a newer boat, i dont want a project, unless it had updated power and drives? or else just buy a 28 something and forget about the cabin altogether. wish i had gotten to look at the pantera for comparison. like i said, any input or opinions throw them out there
Old 11-08-2009, 01:55 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You should go check out Kaama's 32 AT. Its not that far from you and will give you a good perspective, even if you don't want something that old. Or, if you're ever in the Omaha area, you're welcome to check out my 32. Its in my garage(heated) all winter.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

32 Sunsation for sure. Probably as much cabin room as anything on your list. I know two guys that sleep on their 32's every fri/sat night in the summer. With the family. With equal power, it's going to be the fastest on your list. And they are about 90 minutes from Bay City to have service done.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
You should go check out Kaama's 32 AT. Its not that far from you and will give you a good perspective, even if you don't want something that old. Or, if you're ever in the Omaha area, you're welcome to check out my 32. Its in my garage(heated) all winter.
im planning on getting down there soon, or if not i do have family in omaha and am there occasionally so i may take you up on that, thanks for the offer
Old 11-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NKissau
32 Sunsation for sure. Probably as much cabin room as anything on your list. I know two guys that sleep on their 32's every fri/sat night in the summer. With the family. With equal power, it's going to be the fastest on your list. And they are about 90 minutes from Bay City to have service done.
yeah, i meant to look at one while i was out east but it didnt work out time wise, i do like the looks and i have looked at older ones, i def. would want an ss though and that would prob. be the highest price boat out of all of these. im not feeling real good about this economy yet with all the b.s. going on especially here in michigan so im a little leery about spending too much $ on a toy, may need it down the road if business doesnt pick up soon.

if anyone has a ss close by, and would like to let me take a peek just to see what they are like inside let me know
Old 11-08-2009, 08:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Might want to take a look at some Cafe Racers. Quite a few already upgraded for sale. I have one & it fits my needs well.
Tall freeboard keep you feeling secure in the cockpit. A really well layed out cabin with head, sink, and sometimes ac. Great ride in rough water. Its a fairly heavy & extremely solid 35' Cigarette. I even upgraded drives to Konrads. The Cafe Racer works well for me, not to long ... but not to short either. It might just work for you ................... or not. Decisions ... decisions. Good luck with your search.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by excalibur27
Might want to take a look at some Cafe Racers. Quite a few already upgraded for sale. I have one & it fits my needs well.
Tall freeboard keep you feeling secure in the cockpit. A really well layed out cabin with head, sink, and sometimes ac. Great ride in rough water. Its a fairly heavy & extremely solid 35' Cigarette. I even upgraded drives to Konrads. The Cafe Racer works well for me, not to long ... but not to short either. It might just work for you ................... or not. Decisions ... decisions. Good luck with your search.
it may be on option for sure, ill keep my eyes open for one, i wanted to buy sean's here on oso earlier this year but i was too late finding out about it
Old 11-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Registered

also any opinions on saber or checkmate?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to stay on the smaller side of things maybe have a look at Powerquest. They are a nice boat and over some nice room both in the cockpit and in the cuddy.
My 28 Silencer has the 2 facing benches and I can sit straight up with plenty of head room, I stand 5'8", .....I know , I know...lol.
With a single 496 ho with my Raylar engine package I can run 74 gps mph with 4 adults.
I just had a complete bimini with camper enclosure made to overnight in.
I can send pics if you like.

Mike.