Notices

Word is !!!

Old 10-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Word is !!!

Heard fastboats is going under !! can anyone confirm anyhearsay so I can avoid getting screwed !! thx
Old 10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They opened a new facility a month ago, and there hasn't been much talk about them having any problems recently:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/o...-showroom.html

If you'll do a search in General Discussion, there are already a couple of threads discussing this. I will move this thread to GD as well, where you might get more info.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I like the fact someone can ask a freakin' question with out getting bashed for "spreading rumors". Nice going Brandon.

Fastboats going under? Well, they're not carrying their flagship line "nor-tech" anymore which is what made fastboats what it is. But for as much as I'm not a huge fan of Randy, I will give him this: He re-invented himself and took a leap of faith opening a storage/service/sales facility. Now, was this the best time? No. But I think he was forced to play this hand. We'll see how it works. I don't wish ill on anyone and hope it works out. We'll see.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TopGun1
Heard fastboats is going under !! can anyone confirm anyhearsay so I can avoid getting screwed !! thx

Yeah right.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered

That is a nice place!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Randy doesn't own that marina/storage facility......he is a tenant out front in the sales building.

The marina is owned by Aquamania, a group led by Andrew Sturmer, the same guy that crashed Hi-fit/ Passport Marina last year. Passport was the world's largest Formula dealer until the repo men got done with it!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Randy doesn't own that marina/storage facility......he is a tenant out front in the sales building.

The marina is owned by Aquamania, a group led by Andrew Sturmer, the same guy that crashed Hi-fit/ Passport Marina last year. Passport was the world's largest Formula dealer until the repo men got done with it!
Is that same aquamania as the Race boat?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TopGun1
What if somebody confirms they aren't? Then what?

Enough with "who's going out next?" It's boring.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Is that same aquamania as the Race boat?
N O P E
Old 10-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't understand the facination alot of people have here about people that are leaders in the industry having trouble. I do agree that people who have been burned should use forums like OSO to prevent others from getting burned, but it just seems when reading these threads some just want to pile on. The more big dealers that go out of business the worse the industry will be as a whole, and threads like these don't seem to have much of a point except to maybe make some feel better about their own short comings. I hate to be the bearer of bad news to some of you.... without these dealers many of the high end boats will be factory direct only. Although this may be better for a person with no trade, most have a trade. No offense but the majority of the people out there really have no clue as to what ACV (actual cash value) of their boat is, and as a person in a very similar industry I can tell you that the chances are it is worth no where near what you think. We need dealers that can properly market these trades and keep the industry moving forward. In closing let me remind you that I have no problem with anyone lighting someone up that has burned them or even a close friend, but the joy some get out of kicking people when it appears or there is a rumor that there is a financial problem is getting old. I can pretty much guarantee that these individuals still have more than the people piling on.

Last edited by Chuck; 10-19-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.