Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Yard arms

where can you buy yard arms at?

Thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Jamestown Distrubutors used to have the best price around. That was a few years ago, but I would think they would still carry them. They aren't cheap, but worth every penny.
Eddie
Old 10-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love to find a set of 4 used some marina/boat dealer has to have a set they'd sell that went out of business...
Old 10-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yardarm.com This is who makes them, they're in Indianapolis ,Indiana
Old 10-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

I bought directly from Yard Arm and they arranged shipping. Worked well.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irishtornado
I'd love to find a set of 4 used some marina/boat dealer has to have a set they'd sell that went out of business...
thats what i was hoping for as well, i recieved a quote from yard arm direct for $ 5648

4 jacks, 4 straight arms, 4 drop arms, 4 pads
Old 10-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jesse James
thats what i was hoping for as well, i recieved a quote from yard arm direct for $ 5648

4 jacks, 4 straight arms, 4 drop arms, 4 pads
They're prices went up...Last time I checked you could get them for around 4k total.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a set I purchased off of Ebay. The are not as great as you may think. I thought they would be good for lifting the boat and switching trailers. The main problem is when you lift the boat the actual yard arm unit is only a couple of inches from the side of the trailer. It is difficult to pull the trailer out and nearly impossible to put the trailer back under the boat. If the trailer is one hair off center and touches the boat while going under it caused the yard arms to move. We almost dropped the boat twice and then I got rid of them. I think the best use for them is if you are putting the boat on them with a forklift or travel lift.
I looked for a set for 6 months, I sold them after a week. Very disappointing!!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:38 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

We love our yard arms. Yes, you do have to tight clearances when putting trailers in and out, but ya just gotta have some people spotting you and to be slow and careful.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

when we were going to building Tims tilt trailer, he sold his trailer before we recieved all the stuff for his new trailer. so we raised the front of the boat as high as we could get a car jack under his jack then took two engine lifts and hooked them on the back of the boat and picked it up about a foot then put three plastic 55 gallon race fuel drums along each side of the back and three more about half way to the front of the boat and then let the boat down on them and pulled the trailer out... this was all banking on seeing race fuel stacked 5 drums high so the bottom drum was holding around 1700 pounds, so in theory the boat weighed 10,500 lbs so I had a two to one safety factor..
I do have pics when I find them I will post them.
I would probably not try that with empty drums tho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.