Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Evening news: wantagh boat accident update! >

Evening news: wantagh boat accident update!

Notices

Evening news: wantagh boat accident update!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Evening news: wantagh boat accident update!

Just heard that the driver of the boat involved in this months tragic accident had alcohol in his system consistant with high levels.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Registered
VIP Member

.08, right at the limit. It had nothing to do with the accident, obviously just my opinion. With a BAC at that level, it shouldn't even have gone public. Most people will register that at 10 AM on Saturday even though their last cocktail was 10 PM Friday. I'm just venting. .08 wasn't even illegal a couple of years ago. I just feel that going public with a borderline BWI, isn't going to do anybody any good.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by frankenstein
.08, right at the limit. It had nothing to do with the accident, obviously just my opinion. With a BAC at that level, it shouldn't even have gone public. Most people will register that at 10 AM on Saturday even though their last cocktail was 10 PM Friday. I'm just venting. .08 wasn't even illegal a couple of years ago. I just feel that going public with a borderline BWI, isn't going to do anybody any good.
Second that. Too much drama making.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Registered

Thats like one beer or drink.... total bs if you ask me.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by frankenstein
Aw C'mon!! At the very least, the alcohol certainly didn't help. There's little margin for error in these boats during daylight in the tight waterways of the south shore, & NONE at night. For someone who navigated this area a "100" times, he showed very poor judgement in having his drinks, & running through a restricted area at the speed he did.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Michigan it is still .10 on the water. It never changed when the road rules did.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Registered

this local news this morning said channel markers were missing in the area of the accident. i havent heard the drunk part. still no excuse...
Old 10-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Registered

The best lawyers version of where the channel markers were - it might have little to do with REALITY. When you are out on the water, you are ON YOUR OWN!! He went through the Goose Creek Bridge, which was officially closed, at 40 kts. If he had navigated this area a "100" times he should have noticed the markers were out of place - attention to detail when running dangerously fast through an area like this is obviously a matter of life & death.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Registered

Default Our Friend

I do not normaly post, but in this case i will. George was a friend of mine that I met through my employment with Hustler Powerboats and Joe Loguidice. He was my friend and a wonderful human being. I boated with Goerge and traveled with him many miles on the water and on the ground. He was responsible, most likey more than most of us! A terrible accident occurred and he and his Wife are gone. Out of respect to Him, His Wife and friends say no more, just remember the guy as he always was ! Happy. May they rest in peace.

Chip Fendt
Old 10-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by STATEMENT 1
I do not normaly post, but in this case i will. George was a friend of mine that I met through my employment with Hustler Powerboats and Joe Loguidice. He was my friend and a wonderful human being. I boated with Goerge and traveled with him many miles on the water and on the ground. He was responsible, most likey more than most of us! A terrible accident occurred and he and his Wife are gone. Out of respect to Him, His Wife and friends say no more, just remember the guy as he always was ! Happy. May they rest in peace.

Chip Fendt
Very well said......R.I.P

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.