Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wellcraft Excalibur 40 Hawk (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21898-wellcraft-excalibur-40-hawk.html)

fred 04-09-2002 06:55 AM

Wellcraft Excalibur 40 Hawk

Ok everyone out there what can any of you tell me about the Wellcraft Excalibur Hawk 40, I was told by Wellcraft that they (Wellcraft) only built this in 1985, thats when they got the molds from Excalibur, does anyone have info pro and con on this model? As always any info would be appreciated, Thanks Fred

puder 04-09-2002 11:19 AM

heavy heavy heavy heavy heavy

oh yeah did i mention heavy.....

it will ride like a cadilliac in the rough stuff but with average she will be kind of slow. From what i hear they are pretty good boats though. So if you can either biult big power 650HP+ or don't mind goign slow it will be a great ride. Dont; expect the break 100 with her ever, unless you can find two 3500hp turbines laying around...

fred 04-09-2002 11:36 AM

Weight is 8500 dry, 10500 wet, I know it won't do 100 but thats ok, my 30 wouldn't either....going more for the room with the wife and two kids we stay on it for 2 days at a time to 10 days....Fred

Crazyhorse 04-09-2002 08:26 PM

I'm just guessing but I'd say you'll be in the 55 mph range, maybe a little more with your power and exhaust. Got plans to update the exhaust next year?

Waterfoul 04-09-2002 08:32 PM

Fred, saw the pics last night at DAves........Update the exhaust!! Update the exhaust!! Update the exhaust!! Update the exhaust!! Update the exhaust!! Update the exhaust!! Update the exhaust!! Update the exhaust!! Update the exhaust!! Those logs are two things: ugly, and power robbers!!!

Did I mention you should Update the exhaust!!

fred 04-09-2002 10:25 PM

I just happen to have in stock two pair of center-rise exhaust systems that were on the Scarab complete with exhaust tubes and tailpipes, they had only one season on them....they aren't aluminum or stainless they were bought from Rex marine, they would be an improvement over the log / rear riser type thats on it now wouldn't they?....Fred

Whitey 04-09-2002 10:44 PM

Hi Fred, Sounds like you sold the Scarab, Did you buy the Excalibur or are you still shopping? Hope we can hook up for a trip over to the lake this year. Later Dwight

fred 04-09-2002 10:52 PM

Dwight, hows it going?...yes I sold the Scarab...the buyer is to pay me off for the remainder that he owes me and take it over next week,...I have the paper work in place and just have to sign papers on the Hawk 40, should have it here in a couple of weeks,had to locate a trailer, not to easy to find a deal on a good used one for that size boat but I did find an aluninum 2000 model in Ohio that I have to go pick up also soon,...Fred

Scott 04-09-2002 11:08 PM

Fred,
Let me know if you need any help moving stuff around I travel all over the place, Ohio and Michigan with a empty 350 dually.

Whitey 04-09-2002 11:18 PM

Hey Fred great to hear from ya.. Talk about moving up in size thats quite a move , thats like 10' fever lol. Are you still going to trailer alot or are you going to slip? I am planning on trailering quite a bit this year, last year I did not get my boat until September so I barely got to use it. So when do you expect to have the boat home? I have seen a few down in the metro beach area but never had a good chance to check them out. Nice looking boats, probably not hte same year you are looking at due to the fact it sounds like yours is rare. Later for now Dwight