Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Haggin and the Miss Geico Team... >

Haggin and the Miss Geico Team...

Notices

Haggin and the Miss Geico Team...

Old 10-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Haggin and the Miss Geico Team...

I witnessed things with my own eye's this past weekend everyone, that astonished me! On Thursday, seeing Haggin sitting in the sun signing posters and flyers, for anyone and everyone at the press conference. He was still there after 90% of the people were already in the parking lot! Then more on Friday, all afternoon and evening. Again at it, on Sunday after the races!

The sight of the way the Miss Geico Team was interacting with the public in general, not just VIP's and friends or family! They were available, real and genuine to every walk of life...

For the people of Clearwater who didn't know what to expect, to have the smiling faces and warm acceptance handed to them from this gracious team of people! I was astonished, and touched deeper than I can describe here, in words!

I worried months ago about what I was instigating and possibly inflicting upon my community! With the memory of the sight of a family of 4, I saw walking hand in hand leaving the park, along the water front... two little girls in tow, with there Miss Geico rope sacks thrown over there shoulders...

I saw Marc Granet on top of Miss Geico showing little kids down inside the 'missile', Haggin calls it! Scott B. signing autographs and posing for pictures for anyone, just ask him!

Someone said "Ray, it's not worth it!" I can tell anyone now, it's worth it, seeing what I saw, with my own eyes.

Thank you John Haggin, and everyone on the Miss Geico Team, for such a display of generosity and affection for our community.

Coach
Ray Pusillo

RACE ADVISOR
2009 Clearwater Super Boat
National Championships

Thanks to Marc Granet for this:

"The ENTIRE concept to race in Clearwater was Ray Pusillo's Idea ...period. Frank and team took it to their contacts and made it happen. I was at the initial meetings , Ray did not have the HP to get it done with OSS, he brought it to JC . Frank C added the political and capital punch,...it got done. Ray then worked to promote the event and assist where necessary.

Congrats on a successful event and thank you for the kind words"

Marc
Miss GEICO

Ray

Last edited by Coach; 10-10-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

They are a class act, all the way. True professionals. We were privileged to see them race on Sunday and they are pretty good at that too !! LOL

Bob
Old 10-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

Great story! This is what we all have come to know and respect out of Miss Gieco Racing. Lets all use this as an example as how to better our beloved sport!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Registered
VIP Member

They did the same thing in Patchogue. They were the only team doing it, they had a table set up with posters, signing autographs, taking pictures, they were awesome. The other teams were partying, having a good time, which is fine, but the Geico boys were there for the fans. They are an awesome team, and a successful team because they are professional and dedicated. Every team should follow their lead. I proudly wear my very bright green/yellow Miss Geico T-shirt
Old 10-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

They came and made the Memorial run here for Crazy Charlie.... they are a class act.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Registered

i saw them this year at the SBI in new york. they actually put 3 kids on the boat and showed them around.they will be fans for ever. they do a great job.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Registered

Videos:

http://www.clearwatersuperboat.com/video.htm

Enjoy!

Coach
Old 10-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny Story.............

I have known Scotty for years, and even crewed with him back in the day.

We were at Homestead Miami Speedway tonight for the Indy car race, sitting about 15 rows back, there was this big scruffy guy up by the fence pointing up in our direction, and my wife says "I know that guy, is he someone famous??" I look down and theres ScottyB, turns out Laura, some friends, and his daughter were sitting a few rows behind us the whole race, and he was pointing to have his daughter come down to the fence and see the cars up close, small world. The Geico crew are #1 at the races, but it was good seeing them outside of the boat racing scene(even though it was still racing). Wish we could have hung around after the race, but my wife wanted to go to dinner.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Funny Story.............

I have known Scotty for years, and even crewed with him back in the day.

We were at Homestead Miami Speedway tonight for the Indy car race, sitting about 15 rows back, there was this big scruffy guy up by the fence pointing up in our direction, and my wife says "I know that guy, is he someone famous??" I look down and theres ScottyB, turns out Laura, some friends, and his daughter were sitting a few rows behind us the whole race, and he was pointing to have his daughter come down to the fence and see the cars up close, small world. The Geico crew are #1 at the races, but it was good seeing them outside of the boat racing scene(even though it was still racing). Wish we could have hung around after the race, but my wife wanted to go to dinner.
Wives always have to ruin everything. Just joking, I hope dinner was good.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rchevelle71

but my wife wanted to go to dinner.
Wow!!!! Jen wears the pants in the family???? Or is it You wear the pants but Jen picks them out? lmao Jus playin bud....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.