Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many 26' Scarab CV owners out there?? >

How many 26' Scarab CV owners out there??

Notices

How many 26' Scarab CV owners out there??

Old 10-25-2004, 09:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many 26' Scarab CV owners out there??

I just wanted to see how many Scarab CV are still around. Post photos if you have them, and list up-dates if any. So far on mine I have replaced the rotted transom, and this winter I want to redo the cluster. I am going to build canopy looking inserts for the drivers and pass sides to replace the ugly flat glass covers. I want the gages to face me with the canopys alittle over the steering wheel, also I am going to paint the dash white. Here are a few photos.

Last edited by kmiller; 09-18-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Registered

Default Re: How many 26' Scarab CV owners out there??

Hey, New to site, Just purchased a 1990 Scarab CV 26 I find these are pretty rare, i've only seen a handful of pictures. Here's the story in case you're interested, the boat was redone, and rerigged for outboard use, it was using twin 200 yamahas. When they redid the boat they opened up the interior which gave more room to the deck area, but took away engine space. The hole where the engine is supposed to be was covered with fiberglass, and has a freshwater tank and batteries in there that's it. This is how it stands, now, what i want to do is: Put back it back to I/O with a Big block either a 454 or 502. Ive had opinions pulling to both sides (out or in board) and not sure as of right now what would be the best choice, I have no idea how the boat will handle with the outboards, since it was designed and manufactured with an inboard.
-Any opinions would be greatly appriciated, New to the boating world, first speedboat, i can take pics of the boat if anyone wants to see. Thank you
[email protected]
Old 10-09-2005, 06:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Those were sold with both inbords and outbords.... Might be a fun boat with some 2.5 mercs off the back. So you bought the white one looks clean, and you will love the way it handles great boats... Let me know if you have any questions.. Also where are you from?

Last edited by kmiller; 09-18-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Registered

I feel relieved i did'nt know they manufactured them with outboards as well. I want to stick to outboards since it is already rigged for Yamahas. I am from Plantation, Fl (by Ft.lauderdale). THanks for the reply any opinions are greatly appriciated
Car One Auto
Old 11-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Registered

here is my 1998 26, twin 150 evinrudes