Notices

Scaredy Cat at National Liquidators

Old 11-16-2009, 07:51 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FunHome
I don't know but...

Couldn't the owner have traded it back to Lake Cumberland towards a new/different boat then it would have been part of the floor plan that went back to the bank from them...
THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING
Old 11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered

so whats the deal with scaredy cat?

If a guy like my buddy was nterested should they go back to surface drives or whats the deal?

I am interested in hearing more about this boat.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by frankenstein
Because more often than not, it's all just a mirage. Most of these people don't have the $ for this stuff, but they need everybody to think they do. They sign their lives away and then realize they really can't pay the note, OOOPPPSSS. Their are many boaters and businees people who don't practice this way of life, so to them I apologize, but for the one's who do practice this, 15 minutes of fame is not worth it. If you're making $350.000 a year and you have a $700.000 boat, somethings gotta give, but you looked awesome doing that fly- by past the beach.
I agree, well put. (Except 350k a year should be plenty to swing a 700k boat)

I don't know anything about Scaredy Cat, except that the boat sounds incredible running. I don't think I'll ever forget him ripping past us during the LKN funrun. -actually startled me it was so loud.

I am surprised anyone would want to play at that level, without having a TON of cushion to back it up.
I don't think I'd be able to truly enjoy it, and I doubt I 'd be able to sleep at night.

Don't mean to dog the guy too hard, we all know this economy sucks azz, but geez!!
just my 2¢

Last edited by socalstone; 11-19-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Being in the repossession business, I can tell you first hand there has been a REAL change in the market in the last 2.5 years.

It is not that we are any more busy than we used to be, the difference is we are taking better units from better people.

It is scary how this economy has changed who has money and how much. There has beenpeople I know or know of that have been hit VERY hard. Many of these pople, none of us EVER thought we would see the day... have now 2 years later ran up against the "wall".

Be VERY carefull when one judges the people around them. Many can/could hold on for a while, but sooner or later it can come to an end. The difference is how long a person can hold on. I can tell you straight up, it is as much of an ego problem; facing the problem as it is financial. In most cases these people cannot let it go untill it gets SO BAD they have no other alternatives then to liquidate.

Again.... All I am saying is be carefull how you judge.

BTW, I personally have no idea who the past owner was, I am just making and observation and comment on the situation in general.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Being in the repossession business, I can tell you first hand there has been a REAL change in the market in the last 2.5 years.

It is not that we are any more busy than we used to be, the difference is we are taking better units from better people.

It is scary how this economy has changed who has money and how much. There has beenpeople I know or know of that have been hit VERY hard. Many of these pople, none of us EVER thought we would see the day... have now 2 years later ran up against the "wall".

Be VERY carefull when one judges the people around them. Many can/could hold on for a while, but sooner or later it can come to an end. The difference is how long a person can hold on. I can tell you straight up, it is as much of an ego problem; facing the problem as it is financial. In most cases these people cannot let it go untill it gets SO BAD they have no other alternatives then to liquidate.

Again.... All I am saying is be carefull how you judge.

BTW, I personally have no idea who the past owner was, I am just making and observation and comment on the situation in general.
That is a very interesting point of view. thanks for sharing. I don't know the guy so hate to sound like I am judging. I am sorry this has to happen to anyone. I guess I'm still in shock as it seemed like that guy was so loaded he didn't even have a "wall".

I thought I was "going for it" when I bought this house 3 years ago. The market is down and I would hate to HAVE to sell right now, but from what I see around me, looks like I am either [very lucky so far] or [didn't "go for it" nearly as much as many others]. Crazy times.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Registered

The plates are still on the boat, its fine with 6's. I always thought it was a great boat, lots of little details, like back up camera, motorized anchor light. Ive been in it running 140mph realistic, and that was wide open. It is a great boat.

Construction biz in the crapper, spec houses that arent selling and money gets tight....chit happens.

BTW - its paint, and I dont know why its peeling, sort of happened out of no where.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Many business owners are getting hit very hard with this "great recession". Personal overhead is one thing to control but when you are losing money hand over fist with a business it can drain the best of people. Many expensive boats are financed. Why tie up cash in a big asset like a boat when money was so cheap. Nobody expected this severe of a downturn. Most likely in many cases it is not the boat payment alone that is the problem it is not making any money and losing large amounts in a business each month that you are on the hook for personally. Like a black hole.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Registered

This is still only the beginning...........
Old 11-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
This is still only the beginning...........
That's the real SCARY PART, that this economy is going to be flat for awhile. The co. that my wife USED to work for, closed it doors, Nov. 1st, we knew it was coming and we have planned for it. She's getting other job offers, but she going take some time off for the holidays, and THEN she might go look for work, (Although, luckliy I son't think she'll have to look too hard....)
Bottom line, we never finance toys, (Boats, cars, trucks, etc). Houses; real estate, yes, but never toys...
Dean
Old 11-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Thought some one told me golddigger was in key west last week at the races.JOHN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.