Scaredy Cat at National Liquidators >

Scaredy Cat at National Liquidators

Notices

Scaredy Cat at National Liquidators

Old 11-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Many business owners are getting hit very hard with this "great recession". Personal overhead is one thing to control but when you are losing money hand over fist with a business it can drain the best of people. Many expensive boats are financed. Why tie up cash in a big asset like a boat when money was so cheap. Nobody expected this severe of a downturn. Most likely in many cases it is not the boat payment alone that is the problem it is not making any money and losing large amounts in a business each month that you are on the hook for personally. Like a black hole.

Yeah and wait til this healthcare bill is added in the mix. We will save money by insuring 21 million more americans. This may be the largest distribution of wealth you have ever seen. If you file a tax return and make over $250k, now they lowered it toi $200k youy will pay an additional $10k per year.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Thought some one told me golddigger was in key west last week at the races.JOHN
might have that one confused for Gold Rush the 50 foot quad engine nor-tech.......gold digger is a 48 outerlimits cat with twin engines...
Old 11-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Gold Rush there, golddigger MIA and what about the ? is Scardy a-ok @ say 50k bid ? forget the asking min. "no trl.engines or drives" = work x3

Last edited by I'CE; 11-19-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by I'CE
Gold Rush there, golddigger MIA and what about the ? is Scardy a-ok @ say 50k bid ? forget the asking min. "no trl.engines or drives" = work x3
Things to consider: does it have the original fuel tanks (if so approx $5-6000 repair), water ingress into the balsa (costly repair), what other parts are missing (mounts, driveshafts, GPS, etc).
It's hard to say when it becomes a good buy, without all of the pertinent info.

Last edited by Dueclaws; 11-20-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ar15meister
so whats the deal with scaredy cat?

If a guy like my buddy was nterested should they go back to surface drives or whats the deal?

I am interested in hearing more about this boat.
I'll tell you from some experience.

No drives? Used #6's COMPLETE are $
No motors? At the very least 900's in a 40...$
I heard no trailer? 35k from Skater

I can almost bet the boat has water in it. The gas tanks will have to be fixed for sure, along with the last 4-8 feet of the tunnel spray rail (what touches the trailer).
If the paint is cracking there could be a ton of different issues. If you are very specific like I am, that boat is gonna take alot.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
I'll tell you from some experience.

No drives? Used #6's COMPLETE are $
No motors? At the very least 900's in a 40...$
I heard no trailer? 35k from Skater

I can almost bet the boat has water in it. The gas tanks will have to be fixed for sure, along with the last 4-8 feet of the tunnel spray rail (what touches the trailer).
If the paint is cracking there could be a ton of different issues. If you are very specific like I am, that boat is gonna take alot.
I totally agree.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Registered

I got a chance to see scaredy cat yesterday. Oh boy, she is not in that great of shape. It looks like the gel is separating not the paint through out the deck and the transom. Alot of scrapes throughout the sides. I did not get to look inside. Would be a great project boat for someone who has the resources but will be expensive at the end of the day. I bet she looked amazing on day 1
Old 11-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DrGaryDC
I got a chance to see scaredy cat yesterday. Oh boy, she is not in that great of shape. It looks like the gel is separating not the paint through out the deck and the transom. Alot of scrapes throughout the sides. I did not get to look inside. Would be a great project boat for someone who has the resources but will be expensive at the end of the day. I bet she looked amazing on day 1
i saw it last week .i was told its the fairing compound they used ,but it still has to be redone.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Has anyone looked at the 32'puma cat a national.I was going to look into it.JOHN
Old 11-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Has anyone looked at the 32'puma cat a national.I was going to look into it.JOHN
I was told it was sold over a week ago when i talk to them about the 43 scarab that had sold also. alot of boats still on the web site are sold as from what i was told.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.