Notices

Zuperman/myway Sale?

Old 12-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by db71
Myway is for sale with no motors I assume turbines was not his issue. (you have to wonder has there been an outerlimits cat that was not put up for sale immediatly) that was what I was referring to in my post but did not want to come right out and say it.
Actually I heard they are putting bigger power in the new boat.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bojoe2
i think john O is happy with his merc power "Justice"
And I'm sure happy with my 48' OL!! So is everyone thats been in it. Boats have to be setup right to reach the kind of speeds some are trying to achieve. The 48' OL was designed by Michael Peters which is the foremost expert in the cat designs in Class 1 racing, and just so happen to design the Tencara, which the Mystic is based off of.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
And I'm sure happy with my 48' OL!! So is everyone thats been in it. Boats have to be setup right to reach the kind of speeds some are trying to achieve. The 48' OL was designed by Michael Peters which is the foremost expert in the cat designs in Class 1 racing, and just so happen to design the Tencara, which the Mystic is based off of.
Dustin,
congrats on your new OL, it looks awesome. But just to be factually correct here, the Mystic C5000 is NOT based off the Tencara. It was designed from scratch, over 3 years in design and development by Mystic powerboats, commissioned by Dave Callan of Callan Marine.
If you have any questions about the origins of the C5000, give John Cosker a call @ Mystic Powerboats.
Happy Holidays.
Dean
Old 12-06-2009, 09:29 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Im happy with your 48OL too. Couldnt have designed or painted it any better. What a ride. Enjoy.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Registered

It's my understanding that the Zuperman OL is currently at Skater where Pete is doing some "work" to the bottom
Old 12-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered

Hell, I do it and I'm sure as heck nowhere near their financial level. I have as much fun buying/selling toys as I do owning them. I had spent nearly a year shopping, comparing, and reading everything I could about the different makes and models we were interested in. I had it less than three months before I put it up for sale. Took another year to sell, then started the fun all over again. Been kicking tires and reading about the next group of boats we are interested in and count on finding something by spring. If I make it till fall without having a for sale sign on it, I'll be amazed.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
NOT TRUE, anyone with eyes can see it is a complete knock off. Yeah, he made a few changes here and there, but to say it is 100% original is insulting to many.
If that is the case, then why is My Way selling his OL, and buying a Mystic? Also, why is Zuperman @ Skater getting bottom work done on it?

Plus the fact that the Tencara is no where near the boat the Mystic C5000 is. The Tencara was not designed to go the speeds that Mystic is designed for. Don't believe me, ask some of the pros, the teams that are running Mystic C5000's now, and see what they have to say about the Mystic.

I was lucky enought to get to personally watch the development of the C5000 over the years, all the CAD design, the FEA, and the testing, and there was NO "Knocking off" of the Tencara involved.
I'm not sure how many boats Cosker has designed now, but it's alot, he doesn't need to copy someone's else's work.

www.mysticpowerboats.com

Once again, talk to the pros and see what they have to say!

Dean
Old 12-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tzrider
It's my understanding that the Zuperman OL is currently at Skater where Pete is doing some "work" to the bottom
That boat weighs as much as a Coast Guard cutter......

I'm not sure even the best in the business can make it run faster...
But, it still is a insane, over the top in every way, rig.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
That boat weighs as much as a Coast Guard cutter......

I'm not sure even the best in the business can make it run faster...
But, it still is a insane, over the top in every way, rig.
Just out of curiosity, how heavy was it?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Im happy with your 48OL too. Couldnt have designed or painted it any better. What a ride. Enjoy.

+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.