Notices

Zuperman/myway Sale?

Old 12-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by J Arruda
FYI.
There is not a thing wrong with the CG on My Way or Zuperman. The entire problem with the boat is that the rocker that Mike Peters designed into the bottom was removed by OL. The boat should have been close to an inch, but was sent out the door with a quarter. There is a false bottom filling in the rocker.
At higher speeds the boat falls on its nose, and the prop slip sky rockets to 25+%. You guys with 1075 boats most likely do not experience this, as it does not happen before the 170's.
The owner of My Way repaired his own bottom back to where it should be, and did a couple other minor things making the boat perform in the low 190's.

Peter at Skater is doing the same for Zuperman, as the owner has been a very good customer if his the last 10 years. (Thanks Peter)

I can tell you for sure that the hull does not weigh in at 4500Ibs. It would be a little hard to add 10,000 Ibs of rigging to a boat with 520 Ibs Turbines, but the boat performs well as a pleasure boat.

The owner of My Way just decided that he wanted a full blown race boat with added safety and speed.
And a Mystic is a good choice for that as they have proved.
So Mystic and Turbine Marine has joined forces again to have his new boat ready for the first poker Run of the Canadian Poker Run season.

My Way is a good running boat, and is for sale if anyone wants a good pleasure boat to cruise around in.
OL modified the bottom of My Way and they didn't gain 10,000lbs, they gained closer to 8000lbs. Between pleasure boat cabin interior, motors, exhaust, drives, liquids, batteries..... The CG on My Way was off slightly from ideal, nobody knows about Man of Steel. Those turbines may weigh 520lb, but what about everything connected to it? I think that double jacketed 24" exhaust ends up being a touch heavier than the motors.

Also, we've gone over 170 with the #2 cat, piston powered, original rocker design and it didn't fall on its nose. CG is correct though.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
Here's my .02 whether it was set up for race or pleasure is a mute point. Whether it was intended for pleasure.. it will be raced against other brands at poker runs....Skater..MTI..and OL are basically race boats with a user friendly cockpits. Lamination schedules tolerances are virtually the same. Nor-Techs are heavier, have more glass without print coming through..set up more comfort, and will never be a racer's choice...
Actually, in a 50' boat, its quite significant. The 50' OL can shed over 700lbs and be far more aerodynamic with the small 2/4 person canopies. No gel coat, light interior and different materials. Also, you have more room for ballast adjustment for proper CG which is extremely critical to get maximum performance out of the boats.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
Guys, I'm not bashing, it is just what I and everyone else has seen, new OL cats for sale. With everyone so god d*mn secretive around here, it just adds to rumors. I for one think they are beautiful, sick interiors, etc......I am just die hard Skater.

BUT...

I have a hard time believing Justice runs 160 with 1075's......especially since all it takes is a computer change to 1200

and....

If Peter would put those My Way turbines in a new boat, not one that is 10 years old, I don't think we would be having this conversation.
You don't really like Skater do you?? LOL These boats are faster than most think, and trust me, I truly wish the trans didn't blow in Jacksonville because many would've seen what they can do. At Desert Storm, we finished putting the motor in at 2am and drove 90mph, umm wait, if there's any cops, we drove 55 to get to havasu We still went 167mph and that only had 1230hp with severe valve float because the wrong push rods were installed, and 1 motor was down 20psi of fuel psi because one of the pumps decided flow was not important!

Also, Justice ran 1075's in KW, it takes race fuel to go along with computer changes, and he plans on using that boat A LOT so 1200's are not really in his plans.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Actually, in a 50' boat, its quite significant. The 50' OL can shed over 700lbs and be far more aerodynamic with the small 2/4 person canopies. No gel coat, light interior and different materials. Also, you have more room for ballast adjustment for proper CG which is extremely critical to get maximum performance out of the boats.
Wasn't Gold digger a canopied boat? And how did that boat run? The first Pleasure Mystic being rigged now, so we'll see how that performs.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o31952-en.html

Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 12-08-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Wasn't Gold digger a canopied boat? And how did that boat run? The first Pleasure Mystic being rigged now, so we'll see how that performs.

Dean
it will be a while, plus with v-16's, I dont know how comparable it will be to anything.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
...only had 1230hp ...
Yahh that ruins my day also!!!

Big numbers good luck with that Dustin and be careful.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a really good thread....

Dustin, 167 is great, sounds like you have more in it.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Ohh Dustins boat has been faster than 167!

Last edited by OL40SVX; 12-08-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry

Dean
We talked about this, GD was #1 and needed sometime to get things dialed in. Things just didn't work out, it had to be one of the top 3 boats ever built but just didn't get enough hours to play with. There's development on the computer, then development in the real world.

That Mystic you attatched link to looks beautiful! Personally I like 6 seats because being single means I have 5 seats for women, or 4 and a wingman! My odds are much better with 5 than 3 but thats gonna be one awesome ride!!

Last edited by Whipple Charged; 12-08-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
This is a really good thread....

Dustin, 167 is great, sounds like you have more in it.
It did, but then blew the tranny! Here's what happens when I'm being a jackass! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23umOfv6kXc

Instead of watching the laptop, I decided to video tape the speed. What I should've been watching is why the port motor was down 700rpm and 25lbs of fuel psi, still holding 167!!! Only reason it didn't hurt itself was that it was so lean, it didn't have enough temp to burn!

So now I'm back to being McGeek in the boat, just holding the laptop!

Last edited by Whipple Charged; 12-08-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.