Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bought a 2000 ford crew with Powerstroke, need info... >

Bought a 2000 ford crew with Powerstroke, need info...

Notices

Bought a 2000 ford crew with Powerstroke, need info...

Old 04-10-2002, 03:24 PM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a 2000 ford crew with Powerstroke, need info...

Finally found a Truck after 4 months of looking. Its our extra vehicle so we did not want to spend the $$$ on new.
Its a 2000 FORD Crew Cab Powerstroke Diesel 4x4 Lariat SRW sHORT bOX. Finally someone who did not want a new vehicle price!!! Actually bought it out of Canada.
What I need is...I keep hearing about a Performance Chip, What brand do I want if it matters, and what do they cost?
What will my benefits be???

I made the decision on this truck after reading mant OSO threads on the diesel/v10 comparison.
I used to hace a '96 350 crew with a 460, so I was used to no mileage!!!
Thanks, cant wait to pull something!!!
Old 04-10-2002, 03:31 PM
Registered

I think you need to talk to boot, he's da man for diesel chips! I think?? I'm in the same situation, but I havent made the move yet. My friend has just picked up a 2000 f-250 PSD ext cab and is asking me for chip advice, so I'll listen in, and when I find excursion limited PSD that isnt two arms and a leg, I'll be needing a chip too.
Old 04-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep,
you beat me to it, Troutly! That is the OSO of the ford truck world... Especially diesels!
Old 04-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Fever500

Also check out Ford-Trucks for some good info.

I am looking into two options...

The WD TriPower chip. It gives ya the ability to "flip" between three programs. Economy, towing and extreme all on the fly....

The SCMT ... is a pretty new tuning box that plugs into your diag port. It downloads your stock program and replaces it with one of two programs.. a 60hp or an 80hp. The advantage is a "no tamper" so the dealer will never know you have it. You just upload the stock program before taking it in for service. Plus it's only around 300 bucks!

The website Troutly mentioned and the one above have TONS of info on SD trucks... You will be reading for DAYS!!

Enjoy your new truck!! PSD's kick A$$!!

Old 04-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's lots you can do. I have an ATS (Advanced Turbo Systems) 3 stage chip. 3 stages are stock, towing and performance. The gain is impressive. I think about 150 hp and 250 tq. The chip and guages, pyrometer and boost, was $800. Larger exhaust is not necessary but will help keep exhaust temp. down. My buddy with the same set up took his to the track and ran 16 sec. in 1/4 mile. Not bad for a 6000 lb truck.
Old 04-10-2002, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I just ordered an SCMT for my Excursion- should have it in a day or two- I'll post the results after install (all of 5-10 minutes they say). I like the fact you don't have a physical chip installed in the truck, and return to stock is a matter of a couple of keystrokes!
Old 04-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs up superchip

Hi Guys,

My name is Don Baca and I own Triad Performance Marine, but we also carry products for your tow vehicles.

Regarding chipping your rig...the superchip mircrotuner is awesome. It really does take about ten minutes and adds 60hp & 110ft/lbs of torque. The performance gains are awesome. The best part is you do not replace the chip rather the program and it is completely reverseable.

More importantly, the 60 horse program is perfectly safe for towing, you will not see exhaust gas temps sky rocket.

Anyway, I sell the units for $425.00, but offer OSO members a $25 discount.

If anyone is interested you can reach me at (602)438-1361 or [email protected]

Thanks and have a good day,
Don Baca
Triad Performance Marine

Last edited by tpmarine.com; 04-10-2002 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-10-2002, 07:20 PM
Registered

Check out F150world.com or F150online.com. These are 2 sites where you can find just about anything on Ford trucks. I think that superchips is the big performer for f150's it might be that for the f250 also. Check it out they both have sections just for chips.

Russ
Old 04-10-2002, 09:43 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Within the next week or so, I will be purchasing either a SCMT or PPIII programmer for my 02 PSD. From what I have read, both seem to be the way to go These programmers allow "upgraded" performance without leaving behind evidence of it . Hate to kill the warramty on a brand new 40K truck
Old 04-10-2002, 10:32 PM
jb
Registered

Never even thought about the warranty. I like the programs that keep exhaust temp down. Guess I have a lot of reading to do. Just when ya think ya get what ya want...

Quick Reply: Bought a 2000 ford crew with Powerstroke, need info...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.