Notices

Pluging Exhaust holes

Old 04-10-2002, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pluging Exhaust holes

I am trying to get external steering put on my boat the damn exhaust holes are in the way. If I had the exhaust holes plugged and filled in on my transom , would I be able to attach the external steering brackets over the plugged area. Or would it not be structurley strong enough to hold the steering. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-10-2002, 07:22 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

well . . i have been do'n glass work for some time now and that would be a difficult job, seeing as you want to place the steering where the old holes were, you will really hafta open up the transom to make it a strong enough repair. the end result is only as good as the person doing the glasswork, which i'm sure you know. do you have any reputable shops in your area, you need a shop with referances. . . .but to be honest if it were my boat i would look into locating the rams elsewhere if possible.