Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Feeding The Navy on T-Day (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/220496-feeding-navy-t-day.html)

klaw 11-25-2009 08:06 AM

Feeding The Navy on T-Day

Well I am forgoing Thanksgiving with the family to work the Local VFW. They have 200 military personel from Great Lakes Traing Center in for a Thanksgiving dinner.

My girlfriend Marianne raised $400 in cash and also 16 turkey and four hams as part of the dinner.

We also will be prepping/cooking/serving and cleaning up.

So at 8 tommorrow I will be peeling potatoes it will be a great day.

Everyone have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving

TomFTM 11-25-2009 08:18 AM

Great thing that you and your girlfriend are doing... Happy Thanksgiving

Harvey 11-25-2009 08:32 AM

That's really a great thing you're doing. I'm a retired Coastie, Holidays can be lonely when you're young and away from family. Have fun.

AB From Windsor 11-25-2009 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by klaw (Post 2996171)
Well I am forgoing Thanksgiving with the family to work the Local VFW. They have 200 military personel from Great Lakes Traing Center in for a Thanksgiving dinner.

My girlfriend Marianne raised $400 in cash and also 16 turkey and four hams as part of the dinner.

We also will be prepping/cooking/derving and cleaning up.

Hats off to you and your girl friend, that really a nice gesture to show your appreciation to those who have given so much of themselves for us.

Dean Ferry 11-25-2009 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by TomFTM (Post 2996183)
Great thing that you and your girlfriend are doing... Happy Thanksgiving

i agree, way to go klaw:drink:

bulletbob 11-25-2009 09:08 AM

God bless you and your g-friend. That is what Thanksgiving is all about. You will be blessed 10 fold.

Marginmn 11-25-2009 11:00 AM

I did my basic training at Great Lakes then about a year at the training center. Seems like a lifetime ago.

I know they will really appreciate it as most cannot get a pass to travel home to be with friends and family.

Great job and thanks for looking after my Squid brethren :)

Marginmn 11-25-2009 11:01 AM

doublepost

Scarab Billy 11-25-2009 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by klaw (Post 2996171)

We also will be prepping/cooking/serving and cleaning up.

This is what the holidays are all about!! good job and congrates!! My son is in the military and it's when people remember and think of them now and then:drink:

organizedchaos 11-25-2009 02:45 PM

Hello Klaw,

That sounds awesome!!! Please join us for the 2010 Wounded Hero's Run, which is the run on Lake Michigan for some of our wounded servicemen. We will post details in the next few months.