Like Tree0Likes

Where did the "ever see a motor blow up" thread go?

Reply
Old 11-25-2009, 03:43 PM
  #11
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default

The whole point of the thread was how the guys busted their azz to get the rig back on the water again. I have been in that position with my friends doing everything than can to get my rig ready for a run. It is a very cool feeling and something all parties should be proud of.

Nice job Tyson & Crew


BTW grads2112 That picture in your avatar does not look very safe. Don't be the pot calling the kettle black.....
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:45 PM
  #12
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norwalk, Ohio
My Boats: 28 Scarab
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grads2112 View Post
He was embarrassed? Because it was irresponsible?
Ya know Grads...in all reality, life jackets wouldn't have made any difference. Not at 100 anyway. He looked like he had full control. just sayin
Scarab Billy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:51 PM
  #13
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Sea-Dated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma / GLOC
My Boats: Sold the Cafe' and boatless for now.....
Posts: 3,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 View Post
It was deleted at my request due to smart azz coments from dumb Azzes like YOU!!! We were safe and having fun and I shared it with normal people who enjoy boating. Not someone who feels the need to become safty police of the universe and coment on a boating trip you were not on. I'm a safe boater and in 15 years of running Skaters and the last 12 in a 46 I haven't hurt anybody. You really don't deserve a statement from me but you seem like such a tool that desided give you one!!! To everybody else have a great Thanksgiving This is the one and only statement I will make on this thread. See ya
Well said Jim. I hope you and your family have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.
Sea-Dated is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:56 PM
  #14
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ankeny,ia.
Posts: 3,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 View Post
The whole point of the thread was how the guys busted their azz to get the rig back on the water again. I have been in that position with my friends doing everything than can to get my rig ready for a run. It is a very cool feeling and something all parties should be proud of.

Nice job Tyson & Crew


BTW grads2112 That picture in your avatar does not look very safe. Don't be the pot calling the kettle black.....
+1

The story leading up to the video was classic
JaayTeee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:02 PM
  #15
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norwalk, Ohio
My Boats: 28 Scarab
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaayTeee View Post
+1

The story leading up to the video was classic
I agree totally..and then some!! A talented group of real boaters there! A helluva build story that I am very glad to have read. I have done similar things at the drag strip between rounds..as far as rebuilding on a timetable, but nothing like that wow
Scarab Billy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:02 PM
  #16
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CT
My Boats: Formula 303 SR-1
Posts: 571
Default

He probably took it down because if god forbid he ever did have an accident and an attorney got ahold of that video he would be skeeeeeeeeeeee-rewed!

(For the record, I thought the story and vid was pretty awesome.)
BowenCT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:04 PM
  #17
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
BigSilverCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Joplin, Mo
My Boats: 2016 50' Skater Catamaran , 2003 41' Apache Cat, 2003 36' Cigarette Gladiator
Posts: 2,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grads2112 View Post
He was embarrassed? Because it was irresponsible?
Is it just me? Or is this site called OFFSHORE ONLY . Com???
Not,, I have a little girly boat.com
or,, I put my life jacket on when I wake up in the morning to make sure I don't drowned.com?
Or,, I wish I had a big enough penis to not get on a boating webside and talk about someone I know nothing about .com

Tyson
BigSilverCat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:57 PM
  #18
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Houston, Tx
My Boats: 2010, Active Thunder, 37 Excess
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 View Post
It was deleted at my request due to smart azz coments from dumb Azzes like YOU!!! We were safe and having fun and I shared it with normal people who enjoy boating. Not someone who feels the need to become safty police of the universe and coment on a boating trip you were not on. I'm a safe boater and in 15 years of running Skaters and the last 12 in a 46 I haven't hurt anybody. You really don't deserve a statement from me but you seem like such a tool that desided give you one!!! To everybody else have a great Thanksgiving This is the one and only statement I will make on this thread. See ya
Its a dam shame when you cant go to a BOATING website and share your great Boating experiences with other people that own Boats.

He sounds like a dusch bag to me. I wouldnt have even given him the satifaction of taking down the thread. I would tell him to go f--k him self.
JeffC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:06 PM
  #19
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat View Post
Is it just me? Or is this site called OFFSHORE ONLY . Com???
Not,, I have a little girly boat.com
or,, I put my life jacket on when I wake up in the morning to make sure I don't drowned.com?
Or,, I wish I had a big enough penis to not get on a boating webside and talk about someone I know nothing about .com

Tyson

Wow....that is a really dumb post.

The fact is as someone else here said.....if later on there was an accident of some type, looking back on that thread, how would it look then? How safe would it seem then? Probably not very safe.

A lifevest will probably not save your a$$ at 100+ but it might let your family find your body sooner.
PhantomChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:10 PM
  #20
Lip-Ship- Grafikworx Glad
Platinum Member
 
pm203's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: MA and NH
Posts: 3,615
Default

The real reason the thread was deleted was due to the fact that in the video, GLH's fly was down exposing his lower unit to the unsafe wind forces created at that speed.
pm203 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.