Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where did the "ever see a motor blow up" thread go? >

Where did the "ever see a motor blow up" thread go?

Notices

Where did the "ever see a motor blow up" thread go?

Old 11-25-2009, 06:13 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sayin chit, cause you all know what I would say. LMAO Glad I got to see the video, only wish I could've been there for the ride again. LOL ALWAYS a great time when with Jim, Tyson, and the E-Dock boys. Defineately a time to remember forever.
Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 11-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
I'm a safe boater and in 15 years of running Skaters and the last 12 in a 46 I haven't hurt anybody.
Yet. If you keep up those actions it won't be a matter of if but when. I don't consider taking both hands off the wheel at over 100 m.p.h. to slap high fives while your foot is pushing the throttles to be very safe. But that is just my opinion. I also noticed that the video was removed from youtube....interesting.

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993

BTW grads2112 That picture in your avatar does not look very safe. Don't be the pot calling the kettle black.....
The big difference is I was wearing a Lifeline jacket in the picture with my hands on the wheel and throttles.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

In response to Grads2112 post #51 on Tyson's original 'blowing a motor thread'

Quote:

"My apologies...... I forgot that 46' boats never crash. And to answer jmoore's question, just because he spent more on this trip than I do in a year just proves my first point even more....and yes we wear our lifevests EVERYTIME the boat is on plane."

Go to:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ml#post2070197

#224 - Third shot.

Possibly Jim's activities didn't raise your insurance rates...maybe your false statements did???

Simple observation. Call me the a$$clown police.

Last edited by RebarBox; 11-25-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know GLH said don't feed the trolls but sometimes they are so cute you just can't resist. The Key West Freedom crew were all adults capable of making their own decisions. I always brief new riders myself and make sure they have goggles, earplugs ect and know where the grab handles are and how to use them. I am always keeping an eye on the passengers to be sure they are OK and comfortable in their enviorment. We know when to "strap in". big water, poker runs, lots of traffic ect. Anything can happen at any time but if you think running a 46' 13000#
boat in a straight line in 1' chop 3 miles offshore is pushing it....then you ain't got a clue. Happy boating and enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family.

Eric
Attached Thumbnails Where did the "ever see a motor blow up" thread go?-3217.jpg  
Old 11-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
It was deleted at my request due to smart azz coments from dumb Azzes like YOU!!! We were safe and having fun and I shared it with normal people who enjoy boating. Not someone who feels the need to become safty police of the universe and coment on a boating trip you were not on. I'm a safe boater and in 15 years of running Skaters and the last 12 in a 46 I haven't hurt anybody. You really don't deserve a statement from me but you seem like such a tool that desided give you one!!! To everybody else have a great Thanksgiving This is the one and only statement I will make on this thread. See ya
Wazz up Jim Happy Thanks Giving.. I guess fixing a Drink at 140 is out of the question

Glad you had a great trip wish I could have made it!! Sorry about the problems but comes with performance boating.. Someone on this site always has to pee in the corn flakes!! If I wanted more rules and PC police I would stick to driving on the streets.
Skater Bro
Old 11-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boyd Racing Eng
I know GLH said don't feed the trolls but sometimes they are so cute you just can't resist. The Key West Freedom crew were all adults capable of making their own decisions. I always brief new riders myself and make sure they have goggles, earplugs ect and know where the grab handles are and how to use them. I am always keeping an eye on the passengers to be sure they are OK and comfortable in their enviorment. We know when to "strap in". big water, poker runs, lots of traffic ect. Anything can happen at any time but if you think running a 46' 13000#
boat in a straight line in 1' chop 3 miles offshore is pushing it....then you ain't got a clue. Happy boating and enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family.

Eric
That is one bad azz picture!!
Old 11-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Feeding the Troll

Originally Posted by RebarBox

Quote:

"My apologies...... I forgot that 46' boats never crash. And to answer jmoore's question, just because he spent more on this trip than I do in a year just proves my first point even more....and yes we wear our lifevests EVERYTIME the boat is on plane."

Go to:

#224 - Third shot.

Possibly Jim's activities didn't raise your insurance rates...maybe your false statements did???

Don't feed the troll....LMAO
He's been kicked off almost every boating site for inappropriate comments. Ask him to show you his Halloween pics...
Old 11-25-2009, 07:28 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Whoever gets Jim POed has to be a major league idiot, there is not a better, bigger hearted guy around promoting & dedicated to our hobby.

Remember what Theo said... again one who did his own thing...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

So you critics chew on this.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by RebarBox

Quote:

Go to:

#224 - Third shot.

what was in #224 third shot? looks like he pulled it
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-25-2009, 07:58 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was this pic..... you can see why he tried to delete it quickly.
Attached Thumbnails Where did the "ever see a motor blow up" thread go?-3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.