Notices

18' Hydroflyte

Old 10-22-2002, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18' Hydroflyte

I am looking for a 18' Hydroflyte v-drive inboard. It was built in the 60's I believe. It was basically a flat bottom with sponsons, does anybody have any information or one that they would like to sell.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:58 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!
Tom's on the board!!!!!I dont know if you remember me I was at Kaama's dyno pull this spring and you pulled my buddy Wades motor soon after...anyway its great to see you here on the board and let me be the first to say Welcome! and by the way how did you do at Shooters this year?
Don
Old 10-22-2002, 07:02 PM
Registered

IS that the same Tom from Grand Rapids as the one in the twin turbo'd eliminator that took everyone at the shootout on sunday??

Tommy
Old 10-22-2002, 07:18 PM
packinair

OK TOM!!! we need an official ruling.. out of gas or rod through the motor?? (this is scott with the eggbeater cat you took for a ride)

Old 10-22-2002, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally posted by packinair
OK TOM!!! we need an official ruling.. out of gas or rod through the motor?? (this is scott with the eggbeater cat you took for a ride)
YEAH!!! we were told by an un named person that there was a big dent in the oil pan and a bunch of oil in the bilge...
Old 10-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

There was certainly no motor damage of any kind. Even the awesome twin turbo needs fuel to run. Yup that's right he ran it dry! If there is another shoot out/ get together next week in Cinci look for Tom to be there......with the same motor.

Bill
Old 10-22-2002, 08:11 PM
packinair

if so I'll tow down with ya.. I am in toledo

Old 10-23-2002, 05:41 AM
Registered

Talking Out of gas

Yes I ran out of gas, I burned 80 gals that day and had the time of my life. Things didn't go so well on the way home, I was 15 miles from home when the motor home started weaving, I hit the brakes and asked Chris to go back and take a look for a blown tire or something. Well he came back and said you are really going to be pissed. I was, the boat winch came loose and the boat was 3/4 of the way off the trailer. It ground the lower unit till we hit oil in just 180'. It didn't hurt the boat. New lower is on its way and will be here Thursday. Yes I plan on going to Cinn. , but I don't know anything about the location or the event. The person that pulled me in seen me try to prime the engine with a primer bottle, it ran till I emptied the bottle. The oil leak was between the manifold and the block in the distributer area.
God did I have fun!
Tom
Old 10-23-2002, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Dyno,

During the past year or so I've seen Tom lurking on the board on a few occasions, but this is the first time I have ever seen him post anything. I'm sure most of the time he probably just sits back and laughs at all of us yahoo offshore performance wannabes and rolls his eyes at us.

BTW, Tom I swung by your house "The Turbo Camp" the other day with my boat (on the trailer) down at Gun Lake. I may be taking it down there again for a test run. I'll give you a call if and see if you want to go.

Mark/KAAMA

Last edited by KAAMA; 10-23-2002 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:03 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kaama Who you callin a wantabe??????I made your knuckes white did'nt I??????next time you set foot in the Sonic I wont be so nice!!!!Just razzin you Candy Boy! Good thing I got baby motors or I'd be dangerous.....

Quick Reply: 18' Hydroflyte

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.