Notices

The barter system.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool The barter system.

I am discovering the hard way that people do not hold up thier end of the bargain. In the past I have helped people out with the use of my shop, a small repair hear and thier. Parts at cost, in trade just get me a bottle of the rum I like. I am finding out the hard way that people you thought you were helping out are really only out for thier own gain.

Anyone else ever experience this? Just scanning through a few threads I can see that these people are not returning the favor. A hand shake used to mean something in this world, looks like those days are fading.

Say it ain't so.........

Billy
Old 12-02-2009, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts
Cool

Bill your one of the good guys ,and I appreciate everything you done to help me out,if you ever need anything you know where to find me.

Tom
Old 12-02-2009, 07:26 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I've seen it too, mainly in my business I've noticed the price of people intergrity has really dropped. Personally I still help anyone until they've burned me, I sleep better at night knowing I tried to be the good guy even if they weren't.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Gold Member

Default barter system

i try and use the system as much as i can when dealing w/friends and family.here lately i have been coming out short.sometimes it works ,sometime it does not.people are out for them selves more than ever now that the economy has tanked.sometimes its just worth paying for what you want.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Registered

Bill you know it's a long walk to where your at !
Old 12-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, It doesn't seem to matter if people make 2k or $2.00 an hour anymore. NOBOBY GIVES A SHI-. And it's becoming more familiar Horray for me and the hell with you. Very Sad indeed.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by zzzzzz
Yup, It doesn't seem to matter if people make 2k or $2.00 an hour anymore. NOBOBY GIVES A SHI-. And it's becoming more familiar Horray for me and the hell with you. Very Sad indeed.
Seems to me it's been that way for a long time.

What is the saying?
" A verbal contract isn't worth the piece of paper it's written on"
Old 12-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Default Good

I thought maybe it was me. Thanks for the kind words guys !! I have one person in mind. He cracked his boat some years past and had me band aid it and he was told this may come back. Because it was not fixed in side. So it did and we completed a 20,000.00 insurance estimate to complete the repairs being told along the way I would be repairing the boat. Well needless to say that check shows up{yeah x-mas is here} and the boat is band aided somewhere else because I refused to repair it wrong. Boat sold with no discloser and the next boat shows up. This upset me, a 2 nd party convinced me that the guy is a good guy. I swallowed my pride and did a small repair in barter and was taken again !!

I hate to be made a fool and I am always honest with people, even if they do not like to hear what I am telling them.

Let's all make it a point to be honest and move forward. After that Presidential Speech last night I think we need to take a good look at ourselves and see who really means something and who does not.

Let's all think positive and make honest agreements verbal or on paper !!

Billy
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Bottoms Up
I thought maybe it was me. Thanks for the kind words guys !! I have one person in mind. He cracked his boat some years past and had me band aid it and he was told this may come back. Because it was not fixed in side. So it did and we completed a 20,000.00 insurance estimate to complete the repairs being told along the way I would be repairing the boat. Well needless to say that check shows up{yeah x-mas is here} and the boat is band aided somewhere else because I refused to repair it wrong. Boat sold with no discloser and the next boat shows up. This upset me, a 2 nd party convinced me that the guy is a good guy. I swallowed my pride and did a small repair in barter and was taken again !!

I hate to be made a fool and I am always honest with people, even if they do not like to hear what I am telling them.

Let's all make it a point to be honest and move forward. After that Presidential Speech last night I think we need to take a good look at ourselves and see who really means something and who does not.

Let's all think positive and make honest agreements verbal or on paper !!

Billy
Same thing happens in my business, shops call me for an estimate because they know that i am pricey and the quality reflects it. then they go cheap. I just started charging 250.00 for an estimate for people I don't know to be refunded to the cost when repair is completed.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

baja?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.