Selling to some one out of the country >

Selling to some one out of the country

Notices

Selling to some one out of the country

Old 12-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling to some one out of the country

I am selling my fountain to a guy in canada. Since he can not get a passport I agreed to deliver it to him. What are the steps I need to do before I head out? I live in NY and will be crossing the Lewiston Bridge. What do I need to know about Export/Import?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Registered

the boat will pass straight the custom you will pay 1 tax
then the trailer is a different story...
www.riv.ca
Old 12-07-2009, 07:43 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold my Scarab last year to a guy in Canada. I towed it up to him near Toronto, put it up on blocks for him and towed the empty trailer back over the border without a problem. Had to show registration for the trailer. No tax paid buy me. Maybe he paid taxes, I don't know. When I went in I told them I was taking it in for repairs. No passport was needed then but I think it is mandatory now, not sure the date it went into effect.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Registered

congrats on selling the 29 Joe,Dave Harris works for the border patrol you could ask him but I would just drive it across drop it and let the buyer deal with all the other stuff.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

Declare the boat at the border when you first arrive. Have the new owner meet you there and have him pay the taxes owing. If you don't declare it, customs can seize it. If there is a trailer involved, follow Pro5i's advise.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered

Listen to Sutphil. There have been boats seized in the past. The new owner needs to be at customs when it enters Canada.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered

Thanks guys. I have called both US and Can Customs and I think I am ready to go. The new owner is meeting me at Can customs. He also is wiring half the amount to my bank account two days before I head out just incase he gets cold feet.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Registered

Your doing it the right way by having him wire some money and for him to meet you at customs. Should go well!! I have purchased boats in the united states 3 times in the last 4 years.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Registered

Default Up Date

Does not look like I am going through with the deal. The buyer has asked to much and he refuses to wire me any kind of deposit (not even $500). He also wanted me to pay the taxes and fees at customs and he would reimburse me. This coming from a man that has never seen my boat in person. It gets worst, when I told him I need a copy of his drivers license at the border he said he wants the boat in his mom name ad will fax her ID.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

Isn't selling stuff fun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.