Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Spoiled Banana / Coolrunning Racing (our navigator has cancer) >

Spoiled Banana / Coolrunning Racing (our navigator has cancer)

Notices

Spoiled Banana / Coolrunning Racing (our navigator has cancer)

Old 12-12-2009, 10:00 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spoiled Banana / Coolrunning Racing (our navigator has cancer)

Hello;
Many of you do not know our race team but others do and I would like to inform our friends in what is happening. So first introductions My mom Carol Brown is our navigator, she have been involved with offshore in the late 70's and early 80's with Dunnington Marine at the Plymouth International 160 and 200 and around the Cape Cod race. Jump forward to 1990 that's when our own team started with Spoiled Banana. We went on to be Divisional,National and World Champions in a Banana Boat.
The winter of 1994 we built a new boat Coolrunning. We campaigned that for a few years. As our navigator she was our eyes and ears on the race course and could plot a course with out issue. She is a true offshore racer for many reasons but one shows her love and determination for the sport. I rolled our 28' Vee bottom Coolrunning over at a Lake St. Claire race chasing down Deuces are Wild and she rode it out and puller her self out from under it. She was rite back in that bolster at the next race proud the boat we built withstood the roll over and was ready to go just as she was.
So now the ones that do not know my mom have some idea of who she is. Her race is now a more difficult than most. She has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer and it in her Lymph nodes as well, back in August. Moving on, she has had Chemo and Radiation and the prognosis is optimistic at the moment that she can beat this.
Now at the same time my father in law walked into the hospital in early September and has not left, in and out of icu and the prognosis is not good. The stress on my family is very very tough. I at first did not want to bother you with this but I felt I should because of the message I want you all to take from this.
Take the time to tell the ones you love just how much they mean to you. Make sure to tell your friends how the times spent with them have made you feel. That person you are arguing with, if they mean anything to be the bigger person. Enjoy the people you surround yourself with and be thankful.
So now I wish all of you good heath and happiness and thank you for the well wishes. Sorry for the long post.

Jeb
Old 12-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill keep your family in my prayers, Thank you for the reminder
Old 12-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Jeb!

Praying for mother/ Crew Member, Carol Brown of the Offshore Race Team of "Spoiled Banana" started in 1990 and then in 1994 when the team built a new boat and campaigned it under the name of "Coolrunning". Also praying for your father in-law and hope that.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our thoughts and Prayers are with you and your Family Jeb. God Bless
Old 12-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Our thoughts & prayers to you too.
I have many close friends in the Falmouth/Mashpee/Cataumet area. Years ago we used to rent a place walking distance from Megansett beach and I swear I have seen you guys launching there.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:09 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Thank you. Megansett is were we always test out of. If it was green with a couple of big Johnson's it was us.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by mrv8outboard
Hello;
Many of you do not know our race team but others do and I would like to inform our friends in what is happening. So first introductions My mom Carol Brown is our navigator, she have been involved with offshore in the late 70's and early 80's with Dunnington Marine at the Plymouth International 160 and 200 and around the Cape Cod race. Jump forward to 1990 that's when our own team started with Spoiled Banana. We went on to be Divisional,National and World Champions in a Banana Boat.
The winter of 1994 we built a new boat Coolrunning. We campaigned that for a few years. As our navigator she was our eyes and ears on the race course and could plot a course with out issue. She is a true offshore racer for many reasons but one shows her love and determination for the sport. I rolled our 28' Vee bottom Coolrunning over at a Lake St. Claire race chasing down Deuces are Wild and she rode it out and puller her self out from under it. She was rite back in that bolster at the next race proud the boat we built withstood the roll over and was ready to go just as she was.
So now the ones that do not know my mom have some idea of who she is. Her race is now a more difficult than most. She has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer and it in her Lymph nodes as well, back in August. Moving on, she has had Chemo and Radiation and the prognosis is optimistic at the moment that she can beat this.
Now at the same time my father in law walked into the hospital in early September and has not left, in and out of icu and the prognosis is not good. The stress on my family is very very tough. I at first did not want to bother you with this but I felt I should because of the message I want you all to take from this.
Take the time to tell the ones you love just how much they mean to you. Make sure to tell your friends how the times spent with them have made you feel. That person you are arguing with, if they mean anything to be the bigger person. Enjoy the people you surround yourself with and be thankful.
So now I wish all of you good heath and happiness and thank you for the well wishes. Sorry for the long post.

Jeb
Jeb,
Your mom/family are in our prayers.
Dean
Old 12-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Registered

hang in there jeb, tell Carol we all send our best wishes and prayers , she really is a great person. shaun harrington and family.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.