Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking for preivious owner of the 92 baja outlaw that was at lake cumberland marine >

Looking for preivious owner of the 92 baja outlaw that was at lake cumberland marine

Notices

Looking for preivious owner of the 92 baja outlaw that was at lake cumberland marine

Old 12-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

All I can say is get on them hard and stick to it. I went thru their BS for a year and a half to get the paper work straight on a trailer they sold new back about 4 years ago. More promises than I can remember. I finally called the Kentucky Dept. of Motor Vehicles, got to a gal with a sympathetic ear that guaranteed me she would set their azz straight, and had a call from LCM a day later with a promise to get it to me. It did show up. From what I gathered from the gal at the Kentucky DMV I was not the first to call about LCM.

Like bob t noted, my paperwork was two deals back as well. These guys have a track record of this kind of chit. I didn't even buy the boat and trailer from and still got caught up in their chit. Boat was documented and fine, trailer was fine except they had just kinda' forgot about doing the paper work for the first owner.

Get them to provide you with contact info for the previous owner and contact him yourself and try to get the real story here.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 12-15-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Baja

I was a previous owner of your boat I think. I sold it to buddy who did all the work to it and he traded it to the guy in PA.
for an active thunder. I'll try to get a number for you. Kurt.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kstaeb
I was a previous owner of your boat I think. I sold it to buddy who did all the work to it and he traded it to the guy in PA.
Thanks alot. I just cant afford to hire an attory yet. I paid cash for the boat
Old 12-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Not hard to understand why they went BR.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

get it taken care of before someone elses repo man shows up at your door... possession is 9/10ths of the law... possession of the title that is.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What a mess. There have been a number of these stories about this place over the years. Sad that they treat people like that.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pinkpanther
Thanks alot. I just cant afford to hire an attory yet. I paid cash for the boat
Originally Posted by kstaeb
Wow, what a stroke of luck! Hope it all works out.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
get it taken care of before someone elses repo man shows up at your door... possession is 9/10ths of the law... possession of the title that is.

Could not resist...

The repo man is the final 1/10 of the 9/10's possession theory....

And UNLESS you have it titled in your name, they can take it, just kindly ask you to move out of the way....

BUT this is truly putting the cart ahead of the horse... If it was me, I would ask the dealership to kindly get you all the past owner info, names, add, t# and above all, the copy of the sellers agreement. If they cannot get you that info immediately, it would be time to get the state involved, no matter what dealer you are working with!
Old 12-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the USCG Doc. Number how easy it it to change Owner names? Sorry to High Jack the thread. Is there any place / Company that does this work?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pinkpanther
Solid white no graphix. No pro charger it has a 6-71 blower shop. Purple steering wheel red swim plate form. Bravo 1 with Imco lower. Drew marine steering stabilizers. Was told at time of sale that title would be mailed. 3 months later after several emails and calls was told there was something wrong with title and previous owner was waiting on PA to send him a new title. So they sold me a boat knowing they didnt have a title. Sounds criminal to me.
not the same boat, and it does sound illegal as hell since there a company. maybe call your state police ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.