Notices

Should I be pissed off?

Old 04-13-2002, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Live by my MOTTO : The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I have had substantial luck with that way of thinking.
If they know you are talking then they usually will try to make ammends to shut you up!!
Old 04-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Registered

I know in my bussness I spend about $20,000 a month in advertising to get a couple of new coustomers, and I'm sure as hell not going to let them get away over piddly crap. Some people miss the boat without ever realizing it. And then they wonder why they go broke. Go figure.
Old 04-14-2002, 02:34 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

hey jim . . .not to change the subject but will you be around the shop on monday or wednsday, i need that chain i left on one of your motors . . thats the safety chain for my boat trailer . . .i think i might need that . . . . . .hope everything else is going good . . .later . . .
Old 04-14-2002, 07:22 AM
Registered

What we need is a marine co-op parts and goodies outfit.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:00 AM
Registered

Dave, I'm planing on working on it every afternoon this week. I GOTTA get that thing running, its almost may.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

I've posted in the past about my experience with CP. Quit using them over a year ago because they double charged me for an item and then wouldn't issue a credit. Finally had to get the credit via the credit card co., who encouraged CP to issue credit.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's unfortunate, seems like it is certainly more prevalent in today's marketplace than in the past (lack of customer appreciation and taking the effort to satisfy the customer).

And YES, you have every right to be pissed.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:29 AM
jb
Registered

dealt with rod there...never a problem. Very nice actually.
A friend of mine dealt with some other guy in parts I believe and he was...well I wont be mean here...such a hick. Nice and all but very s-l-o-w. Had his money for his parts and requested a certain shipper(fedex) so he could bill his account. He Had trouble with getting fedex (couldnt explain he wanted to bill receiver!!!!!) to come pick up. He never told my friend and just left the parts sitting for weeks stating fedex would not come. Go figure.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:26 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

So strip the powder coating and send 'em back.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:52 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well time to put my .02 in... I think the mentality of people now a days is to sting everyone you can once and then you dont have to deal with repeat business. The younger generation has no concept of repeat business. They have justifed in their minds that what they think is right and the customer is never right. I say let them excersize the economics of a failed business and maybe, just maybe they will get the picture.
I have a list of local businesses that I Will NOT do business with because of this mentality. They are always right and will take your money, but you have to prove to them that they made a mistake. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on my boat motors and extra equipment only to find that it has been a great trailer queen! NO more! I refuse to spend money where the customer is considered an idiot! I will not be taken by locals and friends that think they are taking care of you and in fact you are getting screwed.. I will trust no one until they prove I can.. I have lost three years of boating because of it.. NO MORE!
Now that I have that off my chest... I feel better..
My advice is ride them untill you get satifaction! If not, ask them if 4500 OSO members are steering you in the wrong direction.. Lets see 4500 to 1...... hmmmm. Tell them I am done buying from them untill you get satisfaction!! Anyone else want to back Madcow up??

Good luck

Dick

Quick Reply: Should I be pissed off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.