Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat >

Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat

Notices

Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat

Old 12-21-2009, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Tank, wasnt the Pentagon involved in the "Stealth" project?
Wasnt Blackbeard involved in the Rumrunner" boat?!!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by twinsteptiger
Hey Tank, wasnt the Pentagon involved in the "Stealth" project?
Wasnt Blackbeard involved in the Rumrunner" boat?!!!!
Tom, you can not speak of such things now that you have betrayed the brand!!

How's life treating you Joe??
Old 12-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Cigarette Forum?

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Has anyone ever seen more detailed pieces than the MTI theme boats? The car is the new SLC and may have some cigarette badging but really what can they do? The boat will not have the detail of the MTI such as dash, controls, console, or seating so what can they do? The mercedes Mti was a remarkable piece and regardless of who collaborates with who what could they do? Possibly an AMG powered cigarette but it is hard enough for Mercedes to keep one AMG running long much less twin powerplants. I may be proven wrong but I feel it is a safe bet.

I would rather see Cigarette collaborate with Chevrolet and do a Duramax boat!
Isn't this a Cigarette Forum? Wow, lot's of love from our non-Cigarette brothers! LOL

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 12-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
Isn't this a Cigarette Forum? Wow, lot's of love from our non-Cigarette brothers! LOL
No this is the General Discussion section.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re-phrase

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
No this is the General Discussion section.
Sorry I was joking about the generic 'Cigarette Boat'. Okay I'll rephrase - Isn't this (OSO) a forum for people who LIKE boats? LOL

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 12-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yawn...
Old 12-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Hey guys,

I've been following the threads on this project here and on seriousoffshore, and the range of responses, from "cool" to "lame" (greatly condensed) has been interesting. I have to admit, the negative responses floor me given the current state of the market.

Someone (Cigarette Racing Team) is doing something. You might think it's amazing. You might think it's, "Been there, done that."

But they're doing something. When almost no one else is.

You don't have to like what they're doing or think it's a particularly creative. But at least to my thinking, knowing a little bit about the state of the industry, you have to respect Cigarette for not sitting on its hands and hoping. (OK, you don't "have to," but it seems reasonable that you would.)

On the other hand ... this thread would be pretty dull if everyone agreed on the value of the project.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
yawn...
I'm pretty much with Sean here.

I'd be more impressed if they came out with a solid color on the hull sides. Not really sure why you'd buy a Cigarette to emulate some other manufacturer.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Hey guys,

I've been following the threads on this project here and on seriousoffshore, and the range of responses, from "cool" to "lame" (greatly condensed) has been interesting. I have to admit, the negative responses floor me given the current state of the market.

Someone (Cigarette Racing Team) is doing something. You might think it's amazing. You might think it's, "Been there, done that."

But they're doing something. When almost no one else is.

You don't have to like what they're doing or think it's a particularly creative. But at least to my thinking, knowing a little bit about the state of the industry, you have to respect Cigarette for not sitting on its hands and hoping. (OK, you don't "have to," but it seems reasonable that you would.)

On the other hand ... this thread would be pretty dull if everyone agreed on the value of the project.
Matt,
Alot of non-Cig people like to pick on the brand or Skip. The bottom line is that Cig may not build the fastest hull from the latest tech, but they are second to no one when it comes to build quality and fit and finish. And, no other boat builder has the brand recognition or will ever have the brand recognition that Cigarette has. In fact, alot of competitors have even copied their logo design. Whatever..........................
Old 12-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Yea, I'd say the Looney Tunes boat was actually more detailed...so was the Batman boat (in my opinion). I think the Mercedes boat is nice, no doubt about it. But Like I said above, to form an opinion with out knowledge is... well, foolish. But it's all good, you're definately intitled to your opinion, even if it is un-informed.
Same painter Mark Morris (Visual Imagination) did all of the boats listed which is one of the reasons they were that detailed...He also did a couple of renderings for this project as I'm sure some of the other first class painters have done...

About the only thing that makes this project unique is it's the Cig (the builder) and AMG rather than the customer who usually is the driver on the paint schemes...

Last edited by fountain4play; 12-22-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.