Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat >

Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat

Notices

Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat

Old 12-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
Nice! But, the SLS is one homely looking car.
You obviously have not seen an SLS in person or driven one. You might be thinking of the SLR? That SLS is going to be amazing. I think it is awesome that these two companies are doing something! Thanks Matt!
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat-sls.jpg  
Old 12-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
You obviously have not seen an SLS in person or driven one. You might be thinking of the SLR? That SLS is going to be amazing. I think it is awesome that these two companies are doing something! Thanks Matt!
All I can say is that I hope it looks better in person. If you read any of the articles on it, just about everybody agrees that the exterior design is what's questionable. In fact, even the interior is mediocre when compared to say an R8. Performance wise and technology wise, its a winner. It is an amazing car with a not so amazing apperance.

Last edited by pm203; 12-22-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Registered

All I can say is that I hope it looks better in person. If you read any of the articles on it, just about everybody agrees that the exterior design is what's questionable. In fact, even the interior is mediocre when compared to say an R8. Performance wise and technology wise, its a winner. It is an amazing car with a not so amazing apperance.
I have to agree and used to think the same thing. Then I saw it in various views, coming at me down the street, pulling out of a driveway, and it really started to grow on me. You'll see. The R8 is a great car too but has some odd looks at some angles too and the interior is....well......only Audi.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I have to agree and used to think the same thing. Then I saw it in various views, coming at me down the street, pulling out of a driveway, and it really started to grow on me. You'll see. The R8 is a great car too but has some odd looks at some angles too and the interior is....well......only Audi.
I agree that the R8 is not the prettiest car and will wait to see a SLS in person before passing final judgement .Awkard as it may appear, its still cool. Now regarding Audi interiors, its a well known fact that the competition is still playing catch up. But of course, you already knew that.

Last edited by pm203; 12-22-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Hey guys,

I've been following the threads on this project here and on seriousoffshore, and the range of responses, from "cool" to "lame" (greatly condensed) has been interesting. I have to admit, the negative responses floor me given the current state of the market.

Someone (Cigarette Racing Team) is doing something. You might think it's amazing. You might think it's, "Been there, done that."

But they're doing something. When almost no one else is.

You don't have to like what they're doing or think it's a particularly creative. But at least to my thinking, knowing a little bit about the state of the industry, you have to respect Cigarette for not sitting on its hands and hoping. (OK, you don't "have to," but it seems reasonable that you would.)

On the other hand ... this thread would be pretty dull if everyone agreed on the value of the project.
Very good point Matt. Glad to see they are doing something while others are filinf chapter 11 or closing up shop. It is good for the industry and I certainly hope Cigarette can ride this one out... I just wish they were doing something that hasn't been done already...and no matter what spin someone tries to put on it, it HAS been done already... So, how about an Enzo Cigarette?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Hey guys,

I've been following the threads on this project here and on seriousoffshore, and the range of responses, from "cool" to "lame" (greatly condensed) has been interesting. I have to admit, the negative responses floor me given the current state of the market.

Someone (Cigarette Racing Team) is doing something. You might think it's amazing. You might think it's, "Been there, done that."

But they're doing something. When almost no one else is.

You don't have to like what they're doing or think it's a particularly creative. But at least to my thinking, knowing a little bit about the state of the industry, you have to respect Cigarette for not sitting on its hands and hoping. (OK, you don't "have to," but it seems reasonable that you would.)

On the other hand ... this thread would be pretty dull if everyone agreed on the value of the project.
Matt, nicely put as usual. I would have to agree. It is very nice to see someone doing something, ANYTHING in these harsh economic times. And it's working. There's talk of the anticipation of this project on various boards through-out various threads. It's also a relief to see someone do a marketing campaign that has a bit of class and doesn't stoop to the low level of talking down about a competator, making false claims or straight out lying to get their boat company talked about.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Something from AMG....

Here are a couple of shots of a Mercedes SL65 Black edition
from AMG. The styling is awesome on this car, maybe the Cigarette/AMG can have the same impact. I for one, can't wait to see the new boat in person.....
Attached Thumbnails Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat-sl65b2.jpg   Cigarette Racing Team and Mercedes AMG Collaborate on Concept Boat-sl65b.jpg  
Old 12-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

See, what you guys don't understand the Mercedes boat got all of it's sex appeal from me being in the boat. If I wasn't in the boat, it would just be another hunk of Fiberglass.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gino People are shallow and dont know a hunk when they see one....Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I put my name on the list well over a year ago, before the manager of Ft. Lauderdale Mercedes even heard of it. Seeing the photos, i don't think I'm going to take it. It is supposed to be an incredible car but it doesn't do a thing for me. Skip from Cigarette when over to Europe and drove it and he loves it. Maybe in person it looks different. I tend to like modern looking, I don't like the retro look. It may be because the look they are coping is before my time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.