Anyone have a "Renegade"?? >

Anyone have a "Renegade"??

Notices

Anyone have a "Renegade"??

Old 12-25-2009, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Default Anyone have a "Renegade"??

Just came across these boats. They look like sister ships to Concepts. What's their story?
Old 12-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out the post " stepped vs deep v" in this forumn. someone made some comments about them. Didn't seem to like them???
Old 12-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Tank,

I have built and owned a 23 (came from the old Formula) just sold a 29 (came from a Magnum) and now have two 32's. My opinion is they are the best kept secret in go fast style centers. The 29 rides real nice in a chop and the 32 are really impressive. One has twin 300 Suzukis and the other twin 300 Verados. The 32 rides much better than the 33/36 Concept and the build quality is better, structure wise.

I sell boats for a living and see and try many. The family that owns Renegade takes care of you like a family member even if you buy used. That goes on way past the first year.

Downsides:

Gel coat is not perfect, some air voids and such. Non Skid not up to show quality. Bang for the buck is huge though and if you can get past the few cosmetics, the way the boat rides and handles water will impress you. They even have one of Cigarettes painters working there.

They also make a 35/38 with bracket (came from a Cigarette) Have not ridden this one. I have the 32 behind my house right now and kinda hope it does not sell too fast as I am really enjoying it.

Structure wise they are old school in the way they glass the whole boat together and even glass the stringers to the floor. I have sold about 6 28-36 Concepts and although I loved the look was never 100% about the ride.

The 23 is the softest riding small boat I have been on but it was wet (see the spray rails in the pic) Once the rails were on it was perfect.

The 29 and 32 are very dry riding and very Go-fast ride wise and handling wise. If you are down my way come and ride one if I still have them. All my Go-Fast buddies who have driven them come away with a big smile too. Naturally we all want them faster!!

Carl
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a "Renegade"??-renegade23-029.jpg   Anyone have a "Renegade"??-2007-29-renegade-022.jpg   Anyone have a "Renegade"??-2008-29-renegade-suzuki-300-013.jpg  

Anyone have a "Renegade"??-2008-29-renegade-suzuki-300-006.jpg   Anyone have a "Renegade"??-2008-32-renegade-300-verado-024.jpg  
Old 12-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Registered

Concept boats look great......Take a look......
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a "Renegade"??-boat-resize.jpg  
Old 12-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Registered

Boating 37,

That is one bad concept...They build great boats....Handsdown!!!

Old 12-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by joefitness123
Boating 37,

That is one bad concept...They build great boats....Handsdown!!!

Thanks it is a great looking boat,and is up for sale if you know anyone looking for a Concept.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by underpressure
Hi Tank,

I have built and owned a 23 (came from the old Formula) just sold a 29 (came from a Magnum) and now have two 32's. My opinion is they are the best kept secret in go fast style centers. The 29 rides real nice in a chop and the 32 are really impressive. One has twin 300 Suzukis and the other twin 300 Verados. The 32 rides much better than the 33/36 Concept and the build quality is better, structure wise.

I sell boats for a living and see and try many. The family that owns Renegade takes care of you like a family member even if you buy used. That goes on way past the first year.

Downsides:

Gel coat is not perfect, some air voids and such. Non Skid not up to show quality. Bang for the buck is huge though and if you can get past the few cosmetics, the way the boat rides and handles water will impress you. They even have one of Cigarettes painters working there.

They also make a 35/38 with bracket (came from a Cigarette) Have not ridden this one. I have the 32 behind my house right now and kinda hope it does not sell too fast as I am really enjoying it.

Structure wise they are old school in the way they glass the whole boat together and even glass the stringers to the floor. I have sold about 6 28-36 Concepts and although I loved the look was never 100% about the ride.

The 23 is the softest riding small boat I have been on but it was wet (see the spray rails in the pic) Once the rails were on it was perfect.

The 29 and 32 are very dry riding and very Go-fast ride wise and handling wise. If you are down my way come and ride one if I still have them. All my Go-Fast buddies who have driven them come away with a big smile too. Naturally we all want them faster!!

Carl
Hey Carl, thank you very much for the honest straight forward and in depth feed back. I'm just browsing right now but am thinking about buying a CC when our top gun sells. I also have a buddy that keeps his TG at TNT but has a house on the water out here and has been looking at CC's.

I love the lines of the concept and have been looking at them but came across the renegades and thought they looked real sharp (at great prices). I'd be interested in the 32 range and will be looking for something used sometime around this time next year (again, assuming the top gun sells). Also looking at the 33 cafe opens but it just matters what's on the market then and what's a good buy.

Again, thanks for the info. And thanks for the offer on the ride. I think we're planning to get down that way this coming year.

Tank

by the way, what are the speeds you see with the various models/set ups?

Last edited by thisistank; 12-26-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Registered

Boating37,

If it wouldn't be that I currently own 3 boats.I would definitely consider yours..Nice ride..

Joe
Old 12-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boating37
Concept boats look great......Take a look......
Like I said, I really like the "aggressive" styling and stance of the concepts. No doubt about it.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered

Would consider a trade, trying to work a trade now on a 04 Top Gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.